India had beaten the US to become the world’s second largest smartphone market in the world. Now India had crossed 220 million in active unique smartphone users in 2015.
- The smartphone delivery in India also grew a strong 15% annually.
- It is growing 23% on year to cross 100 million units milestone.
- Samsung is the top brand of smartphone makers and Micromax stood second in 2015
- Apple was the third largest brand.
- In year 2015 the market had gone down by 9.1% on-year with 235.6 million units sold.
- The total sales of the smartphones had grown at 18%.
- The share of Samsung in market is 19.8% and 25.7% in mobile phone market and smartphone market respectively
- While the Micromax stood at the second position with 14.3% share in the smartphone, followed by Lenovo-Motorola combine with 11.4% share. Intex stood at fourth and fifth positions with 9.6% share and 6.8% share, respectively.
- In year 2014 the overall shipment had gone done nearly 3% to reach 243 million
- Keeping in mind the pollution of India, India still has a long way to go as the smartphone penetration.
- Taken as a whole mobile handset market in India however has contracted on a yearly basis.
- The features of the smartphones are developing day by day which is the main reason of the growth of the market
- India’s Initiative of “Digital India” is one of the biggest help to achieve this position.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification