India and Indonesia have inked a pact to cooperate on criminal matters including collecting evidence. Ministry of Home Affairs has issued an official notification for the execution of warrant or summons in relation to criminal matters on any person in the Indonesia.
Highlights of MoU:
- Under this agreement, India will execute warrant to an accused person or a warrant issued by an Indonesian court or any person required to produce documents.
- The warrant will be issued to the Ministry of Law and Human Rights of Indonesia.
- If any request from the Indian Court, Indonesia will do the same action to execute warrant or summons.
Facts about Indonesia:
- Indonesia is the World’s fourth most populous country also the most populous Muslim-majority country.
- It shares the land border with Papua New Guinea, East Timor and Malaysia.
- Indonesia – Founding member of ASEAN & Member of G20
- Capital: Jakarta , Currency: Indonesian Rupiah(IDR)
- Minister of Law and Human Rights of Indonesia: Amir Syamsudin
- Joko Widodo – 7th President of Indonesia.