India finished with 3rd spot in the final medal’s tally of 21st Asian Athletics Championship. Overall India bagged 13 medals including 4 Gold, 5 Silver and 4 Bronze. The list was topped by China followed by Qatar. Japan and Bahrain finished with 4th and 5th place respectively.
The Asian Athletics Championships is an event organized by the Asian Athletics Association.
The Gold medallists from this event qualifies for 2016 Rio Olympics. Lalita Babar, Vikas Gowda, Inderjit Singh and Tintu Luka of India qualified for Olympics from this championship
List of Winners
- Lalita Babar -3000m steeplechase
- Vikas Gowda – Discus Throw
- Inderjit Singh – Shot put
- Tintu Luka – 800m sprint
- MR Poovamma – 400m Sprint
- Lakshmanan Govindan -10,000m
- Liksy Joseph – Heptathlon
- Jinson Johnson – 800m
- Jisna Mathew, Tintu Luka, Debashree Majumder, MR Poovamma – 4x400m relay women’s
- Dharambir Singh – 200m
- Lakshmanan – 5,000m
- Purnima Hembram – Heptathlon
- Sarbani Nanda – 200m
About Asian Athletics Association
- The Asian Athletics Association is the continental governing body for the sport of athletics in Asia.
- It is headquartered in Singapore.
- The current president Qatari Dahlan Jumaan al-Hamad, who was elected to the position in 2013.Suresh Kalmadi of India was the president from 2000 to 2013