Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Power, Coal & New and Renewable Energy Shri Piyush Goal Jointly launches programmes under International Solar Allicance along with Ms. Segolene Royal, French Minister of Environment & President of COP21
Venue: Headquarters of the United Nations in New York
Delegates: Ministers and Representatives from over 25 countries including Bangladesh, Brazil, Ethiopia, Namibia, Uganda, Nigeria, Peru, Djibouti, Surinam, Zambia, Bolivia, Seychelles, Sri Lanka, Mali, USA along with India and France
In order to develop the massive progress in Solar Energy the following demands have been formulated
- Solar Finance – Lower the cost of finance and facilitate the flow of $1000 billion investment
- Improved solar technologies – Macro level technologies to be adopted
- Future Solar technologies and Capacity building through Research and development and to improve the efficiency and Integration
The Two Programmes of the International Solar Alliance
- Affordable finance at Scale
- Scaling solar applications for agricultural use
The International Steering committee approved the programmes on Agricultural and Finance. Founding conference of the International Solar alliance scheduled to be held in New Delhi.
- International Solar Alliance (ISA) Cell and UNDP Declared Cooperation for promoting solar energy
- In addition to the launching of programmes of the International Solar Alliance, there is an agreement was made between Interim Administrative cell of ISA and United Nations Development programme announced their intention to promote solar energy globally.
Areas recognized for joint actions:
- Development of Synergies with ongoing programmes
- Creation of complementary linkages with ongoing global and regional efforts
- Strategic Cooperation in programmatic and technical expertise
- Support for the establishment of knowledge management
- Strengthening the development of ISA’s institutional structure
Joint declaration was exchanged between Shri Piyush Goyal and Ministerial representatives from 25 ISA countries.
Shri UpendraTripathy, Secretary, Ministry of New and Renewable Energy and Chariperson, ISA cell exchanged the declaration with UN representative and Mr. Yuri Afanasaiev, UN India Coordinator was also present.