Two MoU’s namely in the field of Tourism and in Scientific and Technical Cooperation has been signed by India and Egypt during the visit of Union External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj to Arab Republic of Egypt.
1. MoU on Scientific and Technical Cooperation:
Signatory parties are Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) of India and National Research Center (NRC) of Egypt. It seeks to support extension and promotion of cooperation in Technology Development and Scientific Research in fields of mutual interest of both countries.
2. MoU on Cooperation in the field of Tourism:
It seeks to enhance the bilateral cooperation in the field of Tourism, Hospitality and Human Resource Development (HRD) between both nations. It also seeks to draw up a road map to enhance cooperation and establish a Joint Working Group (JWG).
- India had made its investments in about 50 companies are almost US$3 billion, in sectors such as petrochemicals, textiles, agriculture and chemicals, consumer products and others.
- Egypt–India relations are bilateral relations between Egypt and India.
- India is Egypt’s sixth largest trading partner. Top five Indian exports to Egypt include meat, petroleum products, transport equipment, cotton yarns and instruments.