India has clinched the four-match Test series of India vs Australia Border-Gavaskar Trophy (BGT) 2023 by 2-1 for the record 11th time. With this, India booked their place into the final of the World Test Championship.
- The fourth and final BGT Test held at Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad, Gujarat was concluded in a draw.
Top performers of the series:
Ravichandran Ashwin & Ravindra Jadeja won the player of the series in BGT 2023.
i. Usman Khawaja – 333 runs in 7 innings at an average of 47.57
ii. Virat Kohli – 297 runs in 6 innings at an average of 49.50
iii. Axar Patel – 264 runs in 5 innings at an average of 88.00
i. Ravichandran Ashwin – 25 wickets in 8 innings at an economy of 2.59
ii. Ravindra Jadeja – 22 wickets in 8 innings at an economy of 2.57
iii. Nathan Lyon – 22 wckets in 6 innings at an economy of 2.59
Highest Indiviadual Scores:
i. Virat Kohli – 186 off 364 balls (15×4, 0x6)
ii. Usman Khawaja -180 off 422 balls (21×4 0x6)
iii. Shubman Gill – 128 off 235 balls (12×4, 1×6)
Best Bowling Figures (Innings):
i. Nathan Lyon – 8/64 in 23.3 overs in Indore
ii. Ravindra Jadeja – 7/42 in 12.1 overs in Delhi
iii. Todd Murphy – 7/124 in 47 overs in Nagpur
1st Test – Vidarbha Cricket Association Stadium, Nagpur, Maharashtra
2nd Test – Arun Jaitley Stadium, Delhi
3rd Test – Holkar Cricket Stadium, Indore, Madhya Pradesh
4th Test – Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad, Gujarat
Ashwin becomes second-fastest bowler to take 450 wickets in Test cricket history
Indian Team spinner Ravichandran Ashwin became the second fastest bowler to take 450 Test wickets in 89 matches in terms of Tests played. He has followed Sri Lankan legend Muttiah Muralitharan who achieved this landmark in 80 matches.
- He also became just the second Indian bowler to reach 450 Test wickets after Anil Kumble (619), who had achieved the feat in 93 matches.
- He also claimed the record of Second quickest in terms of balls bowled (23635) behind former Australian player Glenn McGrath (23474).
Virat Kohli become second-highest run-getter against Australia in international cricket & the fastest batsman to score 75 International Centuries
Virat Kohli completed 75 centuries in his 494th international appearance in the fourth and final Test. He became the fastest player to score 75 international centuries, he achieved the feat in 552 innings. He also became the fastest batter to complete 25,000 international runs, accomplishing the feat in 549 innings.
- He surpasses Brian Lara by becoming second-highest run-getter against Australia in international cricket.
- He has scored 4,729 international runs versus Australia in 89 games (100s: 16, 50s: 23) while Brian Lara (West Indies) has scored 4714 runs, with Sachin Tendulkar (India) leads the list of most runs scored against Australia with a total of 6,707 runs in 110 international matches
Axar Patel Becomes The Fastest Indian Bowler To Take 50 Test Wickets In Terms Of Balls Bowled
Axar Patel has become the fastest Indian to complete 50 wickets in Test cricket in terms of balls bowled (2,205) by surpassing Jasprit Bumrah (2,465).
- They are followed by Karsan Ghavri, who reached the mark off 2,534 balls, and Ravichandran Ashwin (2,597).
Ravindra Jadeja becomes second Indian player to take 503 wickets, score 5,527 runs in international cricket
Indian Cricket Team’s all rounder Ravindra Jadeja became the second player in India to take 503 wickets and score 5,527 runs in 298 international matches across 241 innings at an average of 33.29.
- He has scored three hundreds and 31 half-centuries in all the three formats (ODI, test & T20I), with the best individual score of 175 in test cricket.
- He accomplished this landmark during Australia’s third Test of the BGT in Indore, Madhya Pradesh.
R Ashwin moves to number one spot in the ICC Men’s Test bowling rankings
Ravichandran Ashwin moves to number one spot in the Icc Men’s Test bowling rankings by succeeding England pacer James Anderson. He claimed the top spot after taking six wickets in the second Test at New Delhi, Delhi.
Star Sports Network, roped in eight sponsors for Test and ODI series between India and Australia
Star Sports Network, the official broadcaster of the Border-Gavaskar Trophy, has roped in eight sponsors for Test and ODI series between India and Australia from February 9 to March 22
- The league of sponsors includes brands such as Maruti Suzuki, Thums Up, Mastercard, Amway, Atomberg Solutions, Paisa Bazaar, PharmEasy and Policy Bazaar.
- Sports viewership on television grew by 11% in 2022, with 758 million viewers watching sports on TV.
About Border–Gavaskar Trophy:
It is an International Test cricket series played between India and Australia.
The series is named after distinguished former captains and cricket legends, Australia’s Allan Border and India’s Sunil Gavaskar. It is played via the International Cricket Council’s future tours.