India has become the third-largest steel producer in the world by overtaking United States (US) in first two months of year 2015.
According to the data Reveled by world steel association (WSA), India has produced 14.56 million tonnes of steel in the first two months of year 2015 and beat the United States to become the world’s third-largest producing country.
Points to Remember:
- India has produced 14.56 million tonnes of steel in the first two months of year 2015.
- This production growth was the highest during this two month period at 7.6% as compared to the global average of just 0.6% at 127.6 MT.
- The first position is occupied by China. During this period China has produced 65 MT steel.
- The second position is occupied by Japan. Japan has reported total production of of 17.4 MT.
- Since 2010, US has occupied the position of the third largest producer of steel in the world and has produced 13.52 MT during this two month period, giving away its position to India.