The Indian women’s hockey team ended a close 1-0 victory over Canada in a classification game of the Hawke’s Bay Cup in Hastings, New Zealand
- This comes after the hockey team could never recover from three early setbacks and ended up losing the Hawke’s Bay Cup quarterfinal 1-3 to Japan.
- India had come into the match searching for their first victory against the Canadian team and the first half was played out evenly between both teams.
- LilimaMinz finally broke the deadlock with a brilliant bit of individual play, as she dribbled into the circle and beat the keeper with a sharp shot to give India the lead.
- The victory meant they next play for the 5th-6th place, an improvement on their last showing at the tournament.
- India will take Ireland in the classification game on April 10.
Hawke’s Bay Festival
- The Hawke’s Bay Cup is an invitational eight-nation tournament as part of the festival of hockey in New Zealand.
- The Hawkes Bay Festival of Hockey takes place in Napier on New Zealand’s North Island from the 11th -19th April. The event includes the Hawkes Bay Cup, an 8-Nations Women’s International tournament featuring Argentina, Australia, China, India, Japan, Korea, New Zealand and U.S.A.
- Capital: Wellington
- Currency: New Zealand dollar
- New Zealand is one of only three countries that have two official national Anthems
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification