In order to celebrate the 50 years of India-Bangladesh friendship & the 100th Birth Anniversary of Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, India & Bangladesh have signed an Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to design & launch the Pupil Satellite TV for PC to be completely developed by Students from both countries.
The MoU was signed between SpaceKidz India (SKI) on behalf of India & Global Law Thinkers Society, an Global Youth Organization of Bangladesh on behalf of Bangladesh.
- In regard to this agreement, SKI will train 5 college students from Bangladesh in Satellite systems and technology.
- Students will develop Satellite measuring 10 cm x 10 cm x 10 cm and will consist of basic payloads intended temperature sensors and radiation counters, besides a camera.
- The satellite is set to be launched through ISRO’s Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV) in the Third or Fourth Quarter of 2021.
- The 1U Cube Satellite will have temperature sensors, radiation counters & a proposed camera.
- The Training programme for students is expected to start in April or May, 2021.
Recent Related News:
i.October 14, 2020, NASA chose ‘India Sat’, an indigenous experimental satellite developed by 3 students from Tamil Nadu namely, M. Adnaan of Thanthonrimalai, M. Kesavan of Nagampalli and V. Arun of Thennilai for launch in suborbital space in June, next on NASA’s sounding rocket 7.
About SpaceKidz India (SKI):
Founder & Chief Executive Officer (CEO) – Srimathy Kesan
Headquarters – Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Prime Minister – Sheikh Hasina
Capital – Dhaka
Currency – Bangladeshi Taka