India avoided suffering a ‘Banglawash’ by winning the last ODI in the tri-series which it lost to its smaller neighbour. The series highlights the emergence of Bangladesh as a serious cricketing nation which was evident when it defeated England in the World cup and won all the three ODI games in its home series with Pakistan.
- Bangladesh, for the first time, have won two consecutive ODIs vs India
- With two consecutive victories in the current series, Bangladesh have won ten ODIs in succession in ODIs in Bangladesh — five vs Zimbabwe, three vs Pakistan and two vs India
- With their aforesaid wins, Bangladesh have qualified for the ICC Champions Trophy 2017
- Bangladesh, for the first time in ODIs, has won a bilateral series vs India
- The debutant Mustafizur is the first bowler to capture eleven wickets (ave.8.45) in his first two ODIs.
- Mustafizur won both man of the match awards in the first two ODIs
- The series included a test match, played at Khan Shaheb Osman Ali Stadium, Fatullah. The match was declared a draw because of rain. Shikhar Dhawan was the man of the match
- All the three ODIs were held in Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur.
- Suresh Raina was the Man of the Match in the 3rd The debutant bowler Mustafizur Rahman won the Man of the Series Award.