Agreements for cooperation in the field of statistics,hydrography, agricultural science and tourism have been signed between India and Tanzania. In New Delhi, in the presence of Indian PM Narendra Modi and President of Tanzania Jakaya Mrisho Kikwete, these agreements were inked. In addition to signing these agreements, both the nations also agreed to set up joint working group on countering terrorisms and increase gas exploration cooperation in the east African country.
- The President of Tanzania is on a five day trip to India and he is the first head of state from Africa to come to India, after Narendra Modi government came to power in 2014.
- Tanzania being important component in Indo-African relationship, PM Modi said India will extend e-tourist visa scheme to tourists of Tanzania.
- Tanzanian President stated that India deserves to be a permanent member of United Nations UN
Various agreements inked are—
- MoU On establishing a collaborative programme in official statistics— Capacity building staffs of EASTC staff and other African nations in official statistics.
- The parties that signed the agreement are India’s National Statistical Training Academy NSSTA and East Africa Statistical Training Centre of Tanzania.
- MoU on Co-operation in the field of Tourism-– To increase bilateral co-operation in tourism and hospitality sectors.
- MoU on Co-operation in Agricultural Statistics, Computer Applications and Bioinformatics— For capacity building in Staff of Tanzania EASTC and other African countries in Agricultural Statistics, Computer Applications and Bioinformatics.
- The parties that signed the agreement are EASTC and Indian Agricultural Statistical Research Institute IASRI, Indian Council of Agricultural Research ICAR.
- Loan Agreement to operationalise the LoC– for the extension of the Lake Victoria pipeline project, loan agreement on LoC USD 268.35 million dollars.
- Agreement signed between Exim Bank and Government of Tanzania( GoT).
- MoU for Co-operation in the field of Hydrography along with Protocol on exchange of Hydrographic data— Promote development and co-operation in the field of hydrography through capacity buildings, conducting surveys, exchange of data and infrastructural strengthening .
- Agreement for appointing former as PMC— The agreement would help in preparing Detailed Project Report DPR for Lake Victoria pipeline project.
- Agreement inked between Water and Power Consultancy Services WAPCOS, PSU under the Ministry Of Water Resources of Union Government and Government of Tanzania