Ministry of Railways, Government of India and the Ministry of Transport, Construction and Regional Development of the Slovak Republic signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on Technical Cooperation in Railway Sector on August 12, 2015.
- This MoU was signed by Mr. Ganga Ram Agarwal, Secretary, Railway Board and Mr. Zigmund Bertok, Ambassador of Slovak Republic.
Main areas highlighted in MoU:
- Infrastructure building and management station development and workshop modernisation.
- Information & communication technologies especially for passenger amenities.
- Modernization of rolling stock.
- Modernization of Signaling & Telecom.
- The tenure of this MoU is two years and it will be automatically renewed for further successive period of two years at a time.
• Slovakia officially the Slovak Republic, is a country in Central Europe.
• Slovakia is a member of the European Union, Eurozone, Schengen Area, NATO, the United Nations, the OECD and the WTO.
• The largest city is the capital, Bratislava.
• A separate Slovak Republic (1939–1945) existed in World War II as a client state of Nazi Germany.
• Slovakia became an independent state on 1 January 1993 after the peaceful dissolution of Czechoslovakia.