‘WE Hub’ (Women Entrepreneurship Hub) of Telangana Government & ‘I-Hub’ (Independent Hub) of Gujarat Government have virtually signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to enable & support startups by women to raise capital in various focus sectors, this is the 1st time that 2 state Governments have partnered to support women entrepreneurs.
i.The partnership will not only benefit women entrepreneurs from Telangana & Gujarat but also others from all over India.
ii.WE Hub is India’s 1st state-led Incubator exclusively for women entrepreneurs, it was established in 2017.
iii.The MoU was signed by Jayesh Ranjan, Telangana IT & Industry Principal Secretary & Anju Sharma, Gujarat Higher and Technical Education Principal Secretary.
- Around 240 women entrepreneurs will be selected for the pre-incubation programme & 20 will be shortlisted for the co-incubation programme in focus sectors like Fintech, Edtech & Medtech.
- Since its establishment, WE Hub has worked with over 3, 400 women entrepreneurs, 11 start-up programmes, Incubation of around 148 start-ups & has created more than 300 jobs.
- WE Hub will share this experience with I-Hub for development of women Entrepreneurs in the state.
- Together, the organizations will also create a blueprint for Support, Improvement & Sustainment of Women Entrepreneurship in India & across the world.
- The programme will commence from the 1st Week of February, 2021.
iii.The startups will also have Government supported exposure visits across Telangana and Gujarat.
Recent Related News:
i.The Women’s Entrepreneurship Day(WED) is annually observed across the globe on 19th November to celebrate, empower and support the Women Entrepreneurs in business across the globe.
Chief Executive Officer (CEO) – Deepthi Ravula
Headquarters – Hyderabad, Telangana
Chairperson – Anju Sharma
Location – Ahmedabad, Gujarat