For the first time the Indian Institute of Technology-Delhi has replaced Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, as the highest-ranked Indian university in Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World University Rankings 2018.
Indian Universities in Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World University Rankings 2018:
IIT-Delhi ranked 172, which marks an improvement of 13 spots compared to previous year’s rankings. IIT-Bombay jumped by 40 spots and ranked at 179. IISc’s ranking dropped from 152 last year to 190 this year.
- Although IISc has dropped in this year’s rankings, it still ranks 6th on QS’s Citations per Faculty metrics, which indicates a commendable research intensiveness and research impact of the university.
- Total 20 Indian institutions were ranked this year as compared to 14 last year.
- This is the first time that three Indian institutes have featured in Top 200 list.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) topped QS World University Rankings for the sixth consecutive year.
Top 5 Global Universities as per QS World University Rankings 2018:
|1||Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)||US|
|4||California Institute of Technology (Caltech)||US|
|5||University of Cambridge||UK|
Top 10 Indian Universities as per QS World University Rankings 2018
It is to be noted that after 400 individual ranks, institutes are placed under groups within the ranking range.
About Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World University Rankings:
QS World University Rankings is an annual publication of rankings by Quacquarelli Symonds.
- Quacquarelli Symonds(QS) is a British company specialising in education and overseas study.
- Rankings were first published in year 2004, in partnership with Times Higher Education (THE). From 2010 onwards QS has been publishing the rankings on its own.