According to the Academic Ranking of World Universities 2020 (ARWU 2020 also known as Shanghai Ranking) released by Shanghai Ranking Consultancy, the Indian Institute of Science (IISc Bangalore) was ranked as the best Higher Education Institute in India, while Calcutta University was ranked as the best University in India.
- At the Global Level, Harvard University (USA) was ranked as the Best University followed by Stanford University (USA) & the University of Cambridge (United Kingdom).
- IISc Bangalore was the best ranked Indian Institute at the global level with a ranking in the category 501-600.
- ARWU is an annual Publication.
|3||University of Cambridge||United Kingdom|
Best Institutes Ranking in India
|Regional Rank||Institution||Global Rank|
|2-4||University of Calcutta||601-700|
- They are ranked by several indicators based on academic or research performance, including alumni and staff winning Nobel Prizes & Fields Medals, papers published in Nature & Science & per capita academic performance of an institution.
- It is one of the 3 most influential and widely observed university rankings alongside QS World University Rankings & Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
- The First Edition of the report was released in 2003.
Recent Related News:
i.On 2nd September 2020, UK based Times Higher Education(THE) released the World University Rankings 2021. Indian Institute of Science(IISc) Bengaluru ranked under the 301-350 group ranking, tops among the 63 Indian institutions which qualified for THE rankings.
About Indian Institute of Science (IISc)
Director – Govindan Rangarajan
Location – Bangalore, Karnataka
Established Year – 1909