On January 22 2021, Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Indore & Madhya Pradesh Industrial Development Corporation (MPIDC) signed an Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to build a roadmap to achieve MP’s goal of ‘Atmanirbhar Madhya Pradesh’, the agreement will be valid for a period of three years.
The agreement was signed by Professor Himanshu Rai, Director of IIM Indore & Sanjay Kumar Shukla, Chairman of MPIDC.
Objectives of MoU:
- IIM Indore will help MP to frame New Industrial Policy & help in Improving the Ease of Doing Business in MP
- IIM Indore will devise Strategic campaigns for ‘Brand Madhya Pradesh’ as ‘Atmanirbhar Evam Samriddh’.
- IIM Indore will also provide advisory support & management consultancy for Global & national summits which will be conducted by the Government of MP.
Components of the MoU:
- Policy Research on existing Industrial Policy of MP.
- Conducting study for evaluation of ‘Ease of Doing Business’ parameters in the state.
- Undertaking Impact Analysis & 3rd Party verification of various schemes.
- Assessing of Special Economic Zones (SEZ) & effectiveness of user engagement on Industry web-portals of MP using social media analysis.
- Training sessions for the senior officials & personnel of MPIDC.
- Identifying new areas of collaboration which will benefit both entities.
Recent Related News:
i.On 26th September 2020, Shivraj Singh Chouhan, Chief Minister(CM) of Madhya Pradesh(MP) launched the “Mukhyamantri Kisan Kalyan Yojna” in line with the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-Kisan) Scheme.
About Madhya Pradesh:
Stadium – Holkar Cricket Stadium (Indore)