Kajal Chakraborty, Principal Scientist Marine Biotechnology Division of Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR)- Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute(CMFRI), Kochi, has been honoured with the ICAR Norman Borlaug Award 2020, the National Award For Excellence In Agricultural Research
- The award carries a cash prize of Rs 10 Lakhs, memento and a certificate of citation and a research contingency grant of Rs 30 lakh per year for carrying out challenge research projects.
ICAR Awards 2020:
Narendra Singh Tomar, Union Minister of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare announced the ICAR Awards 2020 under 16 categories during the virtual event organised to mark the 93rd Foundation Day of ICAR.
- 60 awardees under 16 different categories, comprises 4 Institutions, 1 All India Coordinated Research Projects (AICRP), 4 Krishi Vigyan Kendras(KVK), 39 scientists, 11 farmers.
- 12 among the 50 awarded persons were women.
i.The team led by Dr Thanuku Samuel SK Patro, Principal Scientist and Head, Plant Pathology, Agricultural Research Station, Andhra Pradesh has won the Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed Award 2020 for Outstanding Research in Tribal Farming Systems, for their contribution to improve the socio-economic stature of the tribal farmers of Eastern Ghats of Andhra Pradesh.
- The team includes Yasarapu S Rani, Scientist, Soil Science; Ungata Triveni, Scientist, Agronomy; Dr Mantri MVS Rao, Sr. Scientist, Agronomy; Dr Narasupalli Anuradha, Sr. Scientist, Plant Breeding
ii.Krishi Vigyan Kendra(KVK), Kalaburagi-I, University Of Agricultural Sciences, Raichur(UAS-R), Karnataka won the Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay Krishi Vigyan Protshahan Puraskar 2020.
iii.Sharanabasappa Patil, contact farmer of KVK, Kalaburagi from Halsultanpur village, Kalaburagi district has won the ICAR-Jagjivan Ram Abhinav Kisan Puraskar 2020
iv.Scientists from National Rice Research Institute (NRRI), Cuttack, Odisha have won 2 ICAR Awards 2020.
- Team of scientists led by A K Nayak, principal scientist and head of soil science and fertility, NRRI, Cuttack has won the Nanaji Deshmukh ICAR Award 2020 for Outstanding Interdisciplinary Team Research in Agricultural and Allied Sciences.
- Dr Upendra Kumar, Scientist (SS) from NRRI, Cuttack won the Lal Bahadur Shastri 2020 for Outstanding Young Scientist Award under the Natural Resource Management and Agricultural Engineering category.
Click here for the complete list of ICAR Awards 2020
Recent Related News:
Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Limited (IREDA) under the Ministry of New & Renewable Energy (MNRE) won the Green Urja Award 2021 for its developmental role towards the Green Energy Financing. IREDA won the award for being the Leading Public Institution in Financing Institution for Renewable Energy.
About Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR):
ICAR) is an autonomous organisation under the Department of Agricultural Research and Education (DARE), Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare.
Director General– Trilochan Mohapatra
Headquarters- New Delhi
Established on 16th July 1929