Hello friends !!!!!
One of our reader Raghav has shared his success story with us. You can learn from his experience and keep hard working and hoping for the best.
Name- Raghav Kumar Choudhary
Qualification- B.Com(H), O level, M.com(pursuing)
Place- Darhar, Darbhanga, Bihar
Selection in– Corporation bank clerk through IBPS Clerk6
Dear friends, After a series of continuous failures, i have been selected against vacancies of Unreserved category in CORPORATION BANK in Clerical cadre. When i buy a magzine or visit online educational websites, i prefer to read success stories first. I enjoy it a lot and get motivated. Whenever i used to read success stories, i used to think that when i will be able to share my own success story with you. Finally the day has come!
- I am an above average student. I am writing bank exams since 2009, just after clearing my 12th. That time clerical criteria was 12th only. Since i had no other dream except getting a ”Sarkari naukri”, i wrote various exams during my graduation years(2009-2012)-like, Banks, SSC, Railways, Airforce, IB, etc without any serious preparation.
- I failed each and every time. Although i don’t remember how much time i got failures exactly, i’m giving you a glance of some of my failures because of complete lack of preparation.
- SBI clerk(2011-12)- Rejected
- Airforce group Y 2011- Cleared written, physical, interview but could not make it to final list.
- SBI ASSOCIATES clerk(2012-13)- Rejected
- IBPS 3- Rejected
- IBPS PO4-Rejected in written
- IBPS Clk4- Rejected
- SBI(2014-15)- Rejected in written
- FCI Assistant grade- Failed
- Many SSC LDC, Steno, MTS- Failed
- I wrote Group ‘D’ exam of railway once- Failed( Cutoff was above 90 outof 100)
Then i decided to take coaching classes to clear my concept. My younger air warrior brother insisted me to go delhi to take coaching classes because he was knowing where i am lacking. In the same year of 2014, my youngest brother got admission in SLCE, DU.
- I came along with him to take coaching classes here in delhi. I started learning in classes. That time i realized that “I know nothing in reasoning, Quants, Banking GA”. Friends, trust me, i did not know even the names of topics such as Syllogism, Input-output, Statement and argument, statement and assumptions, Cloze test, para jumbles etc. etc. etc. “Concept ki toh baat hi chhodo”.
- I scolded myself, why i did not take coaching classes till now.Why i wasted so much time and spend my parents money on traveling, form filling, hotels, lodges etc. My concept was not clear at all. Then i started learning fast. I have made reasoning my strong section. Although i manage to score good marks in english in every exams since beginning. So I worked on other section.
- Within two months of preparation, i wrote IBPS RRB3 clerk- i got 143 marks in written but did not get an interview call. I started to take online speed test. Then i wrote IBPS clerk and reached upto mains, got merit out.
- I wrote SBI JA mains, again got merit out. Some of my friends got selected at that time. My confidence has increased then now. I was knowing that i can clear banking exam. I started to read Daily GA updates online , learned a lot through online videos, gave sufficient online mock test. I have cleared some of my twister/confusing concepts through online videos. Really it all helped me a lot.
- Affairscloud is best online preparation website for aspirants. It is like all in one type platform for us. We find here everything from ga materials to everything which we need to study in our preparation. I have learned a lot here.
Now i was ready to take 2016’s IBPS exams with full of confidence.
- IBPS PO pre- Failed in overall by 3.75 marks
- IBPS RRB scale-1 pre- failed in overall by 9 marks.I was very dissappointed. Now my all eyes was on RRB OA.
- IBPS RRB OA Pre- Failed in overall by 10 marks.
I was taken aback. I was like crying & shocked by unexpected happenings of IBPS. I was like OMG! what’s going on this year. Totally unexpected cutoffs.Now, i decided to perform with my all cylinders in IBPS Clerk6. I told myself that this is “Do or die” time for me. Being Little bit Frustrated by IBPS unexpected cutoffs continuously this year, i made-up my mind that atleast my attempt should be 80 out of 100 in IBPS clerk pre.
- I wrote IBPS clerk pre, bang! I could do only 69 questions with 100% accuracy. Honestly telling, i was disappointed for my less attempt. Anyway, result came and i got selected for mains. Now i was well prepared for mains.
- In examination lab, When i have seen mains paper level in first 20 minutes or so, i was very much sure that this level was going to be very tough FOR EVERYONE. I maintained my calm & composure. I attempted 126 questions. After examination everyone was saying that paper was really very tough. After seeing analysis of exam on our beloved Affairscloud, i was very optimistic about my final result.
- April 1, 2017- I checked my result and it flashed- “We are glad to inform You……………….Corporation Bank”. I did not even see my sectional marks properly. I told my bro who is living with me. After some time, he started crying. Mai hil gaya pura. Maine usey apne gale se laga kar chup karaya.
- He has been seeing all my struggle since beginning. Siblings are one of the best thing bestowed by God on this earth. Then called my Maa(mother) who has been taking a lot of pain for our upbringing since our birth. We are not rich. We belong to a very humble background. My mother works as an ASHA( Accredited social health activist) in bihar. She works a lot from giving “do boond zindagi ki”-polio drop to kids of below the age of 5 to bring pregnant women to PHC & hospitals for safe delivery. And many more works which are given time-to-time by government. She does not get any fixed monthly salary for her this much extreme tiring job. She gets 450 rupees for 5 days polio duty & rupees 600 for each safe delivery of poor women in hospitals. SO SHE MAKES 20k to 25K IN AN YEAR. And she transfers all her money to us. My beloved airwarrior brother bears all our expenses here in Delhi. He fulfills all our needs. . Papa earns penaut.His income is spent on household ration at my home. Papa has his health issues. My parents are real fighter, an inspiration for all financially challenged parents. They save nothing for their future. They have no bank balance. They spent all their money on our education, our festival clothes, Our Books, School/tuition fees etc.
So when i told them about my selection in corporation bank , i sensed a beautiful tone in their voice. I have no words to explain that moment. Friends, This is the moment we live for. Nothing can be good than making your parents happy by dint of your hard works.
Dear friends, Always remember, “Winners never quit and quitters never win”.
- “Never Give Up“.Jab mera selection ho sakta hai toh apka kyo nahi…..Every failures teach us something. Learn from that. Find your weakness and work hard on that part. Try to score more marks in your strong area.
- Do make sure that You are good at atleast 3 sections. Apne weak section me sectional cutoff clear karo har baar….. Jaha strong ho waha se zaada se zaada marks fetch karo. Paper me bulk questions ko pehle karo….If you are weak in one section, it does not matters. All you need to only clear sectional cutoff in that one section.
- And now after seeing new trend of IBPS, we can say that “ab pre me fodne(do as most questions as u can) aur mains me questions chhorne(skip immidiately and do only doable questions) ka sab khel hai”.
Thank you so much Affairscloud & its team. Without you this success was not possible.
We are happy that we could also become a part of your succcess journey. All the best Raghav from AC team team for your future. Keep rocking 🙂