Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Reasoning Section in AffairsCloud.com. We are providing Free IBPS Clerk course 2015 and creating sample questions in Reasoning, the type of which will be asked in IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam.
Stratus – IBPS Clerk Course 2015
Directions (Q. 1-5): Study the following information to answer the given questions:
Of the five boys A, B, C, D, and E, two are good, one is poor and two are average in studies. Two of them study in post-graduate classes and three in under-graduate classes. One comes from a rich family, two from middle class families and two from poor families. One of them is interested in music, two in acting and one in sports. Of those studying in under-graduate classes, two are average and one is poor in studies. Of the two boys interested in acting, one is a post-graduate student. The one interested in music comes from a middle class family. Both the boys interested in acting are not industrious. The two boys coming from middle class families are average in studies and one of them is interested in acting. The boy interested in sports comes from a poor family, while the one interested in music is industrious. E is industrious, good in studies, comes from a poor family and is not interested in acting, music or sports. C is poor in studies in spite of being industrious. A comes from a rich family and is not industrious but good in studies. B is industrious and comes from a middle class family.
- Name the boy interested in sports.
E) EC) C
- Name the boy interested in music.
E) EB) B
- Name the middle class family boy interested in acting.
E) None of theseD) D
- Name the boys studying in post-graduate classes.
A) A, D
B) A, E
C) B, C
D) D, E
E) None of theseB) A, E
All are females except P
- Name the boy who is not industrious and is average in studies.
E) None of theseD) D
Directions (6 – 10):
(A) only 1st follows
(B) only 2nd follows
(C) either 1st or 2nd
(D) neither 1st nor 2nd
(E) both 1st and 2nd
- Statements: No boy is intelligent. All intelligent are girls. No girl is class.
I. All boys being classes is a possibility.
II. Some girls are not boys.(E) both 1st and 2nd
There is no possibility that All girls are boys, so some girls are not boys definitely follows.
- Statements: All rivers are lakes. No lake is a sea. All seas are deep.
I. At least some rivers are deep.
II. At least some lakes are not deep.(D) neither 1st nor 2nd
All lakes are deep is a possibility, so II does not follow.
- Statements: All gliders are parachutes. No parachute is an airplane. All airplanes are helicoptes.
I. No helicopter is a glider.
II. All parachutes being helicopters is a possibility.(B) only 2nd follows
- Statements: No stone is metal. Some metals are papers. All papers are glass.
I. Some stones are not papers.
II. Some papers are not stones.(B) only 2nd follows
All stones are papers is a possibility, so I does not follow.
There is no possibility that all papers are stones (because this will make some stones are metals – not possible), so II follows.
- Statements: Some palaces are forts. Some forts are red. No red is strong.
I. Some palaces being strong is a possibility
II. Some forts may be strong.(E) both 1st and 2nd