In order to mark the Golden Jubilee of 1971 War of Liberation, IAF (Indian Air Force) Chief RKS Bhadauria gifted a Legacy Alouette III Helicopter to Bangladesh Air Force (BAF), in return BAF gifted a legacy F-86 Sabre aircraft to the IAF.
- The exchange of aircraft took place in Dhaka during RKS Bhadauria’ 4-day visit to Bangladesh in February, 2021.
- Both Legacy gifts will be placed in museums of both countries.
- India & Bangladesh are celebrating 50 years of the Liberation War in which 90, 000 Pakistani Soldiers surrendered to the Indian Army.
- A Number of events have been organised by both countries to celebrate the 50th Anniversary.
IAF chief inducted into ‘Mirpur Hall of Fame’
- IAF Chief RKS Bhadauria was inducted into the ‘Mirpur Hall of Fame’ at Defence Services Command and Staff College (DSCSC), Dhaka.
- RKS Bhadauria is an alumnus of DSCSC, he attended the 18th Air Staff Course at Mirpur in 1997-98.
- During the meeting he also met Bangladesh Army Chief General Aziz Ahmed.
IAF Chief’s visit to Bangladesh
IAF Chief RKS Bhadauria is in Bangladesh on the invitation of Bangladesh Air Chief (BAF) Air Chief Marshal Masihuzzaman Serniabat.
During the visit,
- IAF Chief, RKS Bhadauria paid tributes to the martyrs of 1971 Liberation War by placing a wreath at the altar of Shikha Anirban, Dhaka.
- He also visited BAF Base in Chattogram & St Martin’s Islands.
- He held discussions with BAF officers at BAF Base Zahurul Haq.
Recent Related News:
i.On September 29, 2020 India and Bangladesh held the 6th Joint Consultative Commission (JCC) meet through a virtual platform.
Prime Minister – Sheikh Hasina
Capital – Dhaka
Currency – Bangladeshi Taka