Indian Science Technology and Engineering facilities Map (I-STEM), the national portal for sharing R&D facilities, and the COMSOL group have entered into partnership for Indian academic users to access the COMSOL Multiphysics software suite using the I-STEM portal. It is the first of its kind in India.
- COMSOL software suite developed by COMSOL Group is used globally as a tool for a variety of computer simulations for a variety of computer simulations for R&D and also for learning and instruction.
- The suite will be hosted on the cloud server to provide user friendly access from anywhere in India. It will assist many students and researchers in India, especially those in remote and less-endowed institutions.
- Dr Arabinda Mitra, Scientific Secretary, Office of the Principal Scientific Adviser launched the COMSOL Platform and the Library of Calibration Standards.
It is an initiative of the Office of the Principal Scientific Adviser to the Government of India under the PM-STIAC mission (Prime Minister’s Science, Technology, and Innovation Advisory Council).
- It aims to strengthen the R&D ecosystem by connecting researchers with resources.
- The portal features a Digital Catalogue of indigenously developed technologies and products, and platform for various City Knowledge and Innovation Clusters, to enhance R&D collaboration & Skill development across India.
Recent Related News:
On March 1, 2021, the Office of the Principal Scientific Adviser to the Government of India (GoI) under its “Waste to Wealth” Mission launched the “Swachhta Saarthi Fellowship”.
COO/National Coordinator – Dr. Sanjeev Kumar Shrivastava
Location – Bengaluru North, Karnataka
About COMSOL Group
CEO – Svante Littmarck
Headquarters – Stockholm, Sweden