Union Human Resource Development Minister Smriti Irani laid the foundation stone for IIM-Visakhapatnam at Gambheeram village of Andhra Pradesh (AP) in the presence Urban Development Minister M Venkaiah Naidu and AP’s Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu.
It was announced that admissions to IIM-V are open from the academic year 2015-16 and the campus of Andhra University will be used till the completion of the construction. The IIM-Bangalore is the mentor institution for the IIM-V.
Knowledge is Wealth
- IIM – Visakhapatnam will be the 14th IIM in India.
- The council of IIM is headed by the Minister of Human Resource Development.
- The first IIM set up in India was IIM – Calcutta in the year 1961.
- All the IIMs are registered as societies under the Indian Societies Registration Act.
- IIM-Ahmedabad had initial collaboration with Harvard Business School.