Himachal Pradesh became the first state assembly in India to launch e-Vidhan Mobile app. The app could be easily accessed by all the 68 assembly members 45 minutes before the question hour on android and tablets having information about the day business. This e-Vidhan system will help the state to save about 8 crore rupees per year that is spent on the paper. The app was launched by Virbhadra Singh, the Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh.
The app will also give notifications of the Vidhan Sabha’s
- Press releases
- Budget speeches
- Documents and the bills tabled in the House.
In the next phase, Himachan Pradesh Government proposes to launch e-Vidhan (phase-II) to facilitate MLAs in their constituency management works and attending grievances of the people online and also interacting with officials of the constituency.
Knowledge is Wealth
- The word “Himachal Pradesh” comes from the Sanskrit word “Hima” which means “Snow”.
- Himachal Pradesh is bordered by Jammu and Kashmir, Punjab, Haryana, Uttarakhand and Tibet Autonomous Region.
- The official languages of Himachal Pradesh are Hindi and Punjabi.
- Himachal Pradesh’s capital Shimla is known as the Summer Capital of the India.
- Himachal Pradesh is also known as the Fruit Bowl of India.