Himachal Road Transport Corporation and Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authorityto introduce zero-emission retrofitted electric buses under its flagship scheme Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Hybrid & Electric Vehicles in India (FAME India).
- HRTC and MMRDA will roll out 25 electric buses each. Under FAME India, the department will fund up to 75 per cent cost and the department of heavy industry has granted in-principle approval.
First State in India to introduce Electric Buses:
- Himachal Pradesh CM Virbhadra Singh, had revealed in his Budget speech that Himachal Pradesh would be the first state in India to introduce zero-emission electric buses.
- The project will have an exemption from token tax, registration charges and value-added tax on all electric vehicles for five years to promote eco-friendly transport services in the state.
Mumbai to Have Electric Buses:
- Metropolitan commissioner of Mumbai issued purchase order toTata Motors for procuring 25 hybrid electric diesel buses in this regard.
- The buses are stylish, comfortable, technologically advanced. It will give 25-30% fuel savings and shall result in 30% reduction in carbon emissions.
- Tata Starbus hybrid-electric bus offers lowest cost of ownership, with improved fuel savings of the order of 25-30%, reduction in emissions in comparison to conventional buses and runs on pure electric mode for around 30-35% of the total travel distance.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification