In an online poll, India’s Anirban Lahiri has been voted as the Hilton Asian Tour Golfer of Year. In 2015, the world no. 40 became the first Indian to feature at The Presidents Cup and won the Asian Tour Order of Merit title.
- During 2015 Presidents Cup, he represented Team International against Team USA and also won the Asian Tour Order of Merit title.
About Anirban Lahiri
1987 born Anirban Lahiri is an Indian professional golfer who currently plays on the European Tour, Asian Tour, and PGA Tour.
Nickname – “rookie to watch” and “new face of Indian golf”
- In February 2015, Lahiri claimed his first official win on the European Tour at the Maybank Malaysian Open.
- In February 2015, won his second event on the European Tour in his home country of India, at the Hero Indian Open.
- He is the third Indian national to play in the Masters, after Jeev Milkha Singh and Arjun Atwal.
- He became the first Indian to shoot sub-par scores in all four rounds in a major.
As part of Hilton Worldwide’s newest partnership with the region’s premier Tour, the Hilton Asian Tour Golfer award aims to recognise outstanding efforts of Asian Tour members both at home and abroad.