PM Modi visited Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh and launched multiple development projects on October 5, 2023.
PM Dedicates and Lays Foundation for Rs 5000 Crore Projects in Jodhpur, Rajasthan
On October 5, 2023, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated and laid the foundation stone for multiple projects in Jodhpur, Rajasthan, with a total estimated value of around Rs 5000 crores. These projects span various sectors, including healthcare, education, transportation, and infrastructure.
i.The foundation stone was laid Trauma Centre and Critical Care Hospital Block at AIIMS, Jodhpur. Seven Critical Care Blocks were initiated under the Pradhan Mantri – Ayushman Bharat Health Infrastructure Mission (PM-ABHIM) to strengthen critical care infrastructure across Rajasthan.
- These will be developed at a cost of more than Rs 350 crore.
ii.The PM inaugurated the development of a new state-of-the-art terminal building at Jodhpur Airport. To be built at a total cost of Rs 480 crore, the New Terminal Building will be developed in an area of about 24,000 sqm.
iii.The Prime Minister dedicated the IIT Jodhpur campus to the nation. Hi-tech medical technology like robotic surgery will give India new heights in the field of research and industry.
- The state-of-the-art campus has been built at a cost of more than Rs 1135 crore.
iv.The Prime Minister laid foundation stone for multiple road development projects including:Four-laning of:
- Karwar to Dangiyawas Section of Jodhpur Ring Road on NH-125.
- the Pachpadra-Bagundi section of NH-25.
- Construction of bypasses/re-alignments in the Balotra to Sanderao section via Jalore (NH-325).
- These road projects will be built at a cumulative cost of about Rs.1475 crore.
v.This year about Rs 9500 crore budget has been allocated for railways in Rajasthan.
- The Prime Minister inaugurated the doubling of the 145 km long Degana-Rai Ka Bagh rail line and the 58 km long Degana-Kuchaman City rail line.
- He flagged off the Runicha Express, connecting Jaisalmer to Delhi
- He also flagged off a new heritage train connecting Marwar Junction to Khambli Ghat.
Prime Minister Inaugurates and Lays Foundation for Development Projects Worth Over Rs 12,600 Crore in Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh
The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, recently visited Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh, where he laid the foundation stone and dedicated several development projects worth more than Rs 12,600 crore.
i.The Prime Minister performed the ‘bhoomi poojan’ for the ‘Veerangana Rani Durgavati Smarak aur Udyaan‘ in Jabalpur.To mark the 500th birth anniversary of Veerangana Rani Durgavati, a Rs.500 commemorative coin and postage stamp were released.
- Memorial to be built at a cost of about Rs 100 crore and will be spread over an area of about 21 acres.
- It will showcase a 52-foot-high bronze statue of Rani Durgavati.
- It will also have multiple parks and gardens including a garden for medicinal plants, a Cactus garden and Rock garden among others.
- Rani Durgavati was the ruling queen of Gondwana in the mid-16th century.
ii.The Prime Minister inaugurated more than 1000 houses constructed under the Light House Project in Indore, part of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Urban (PMAY-U).
- Built at a cost of about Rs 128 crore under PMAY-U, the project will benefit more than 1000 beneficiary families.
- It employs innovative technology ‘Prefabricated Sandwich Panel System with Pre-engineered Steel Structural System’.
iii.PM Lays Foundation for Jal Jeevan Mission Projects in Multiple Districts and Dedicates One in Seoni to provide safe and adequate drinking water through individual household tap connections, the foundation stone of multiple Jal Jeevan Mission projects in Mandla, Jabalpur and Dindori districts worth over Rs 2350 crores were laid.
iv.PM inaugurated projects more than Rs 4800 crore for improving the road infrastructure in Madhya Pradesh. He laid the foundation stone of projects including the upgradation of road connecting Jharkheda– Berasia – Dholkhedi of NH 346.
v.Dedicates rail projects worth more than Rs 1850 crore :- These include doubling the rail line connecting Katni – Vijaysota (102 km) and Marwasgram – Singrauli (78.50 km).
vi.PM Dedicates Pipeline Project, Lays Foundation for New Section, and Inaugurates Bottling Plant in Jabalpur
- The Prime Minister dedicated Vijaipur – Auraiyan– Phulpur Pipeline Project to the nation at a cost of more than Rs 1750 crore.
- The Prime Minister also laid the foundation stone of Nagpur Jabalpur section (317 KMs) of Mumbai Nagpur Jharsuguda Pipeline Project at a cost of more than Rs 1100 crore.
- The Prime Minister also dedicated a new bottling plant at Jabalpur which has been built at a cost of about Rs 147 crore.
Key Points from PM Modi’s speech:
i.Various government schemes and expenditures were highlighted:
- Rs 3 lakh crore is being spent on providing free ration to crores of families.
- Rs 70,000 crores being spent for free treatment of about 5 crore families of the country under the Ayushman scheme
- Rs 8 lakh crores to ensure that farmers get cheap urea
- Deposits of more than Rs 2.5 lakh crore in the bank accounts of small farmers under PM Kisan Samman Nidhi.
- The expenditure of Rs 4 lakh crore to provide permanent houses to poor families.
ii.Khadi products worth over Rs 1.5 crore were sold on Gandhi Jayanti.
Chief Minister – Ashok Gehlot
Governor – Kalraj Mishra
National parks: Ranthambore National Park; Mukundra Hills National Park, Keoladeo National Park
About Madhya Pradesh:
Chief Minister – Shivraj Singh Chouhan
Governor – Mangubhai C. Patel
National parks – Kanha National Park; Bandhavgarh National Park; Madhav National Park