On April 18 – 20, 2022, the Prime Minister (PM) of India Narendra Modi was on a three-day visit to Gujarat to attend programs in Gandhinagar, Banaskantha, Jamnagar and Dahod, covering different sectors, and to boost Ease of Living for people.
PM laid foundation stone for World’s 1st WHO Global Centre for Traditional Medicines in Jamnagar
PM Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of World Health Organisation (WHO) Global Centre for Traditional Medicine (GCTM) in Jamnagar, Gujarat in the presence of WHO Director-General Tedros Ghebreyesus and PM of Mauritius Pravind Kumar Jugnauth. It is the 1st and only global outpost centre for traditional medicine across the world.
- The WHO GCTM has been set up by Ministry of AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy) and the WHO.
- It will emerge as an international hub of global wellness.
i.This Centre recognizes India’s contribution and potential in the field of traditional medicine.
ii.It will focus on data, innovation and sustainability and will optimize the use of traditional medicine.
iii.Jamnagar was chosen for the new centre because more than 50 years ago, the world’s first Ayurvedic University was set up there.
iv.It should be noted that 2023 has been chosen as the International Year of Millets by the United Nation (UN).
PM inaugurated Development Projects worth Rs 22,000cr at Adijati Maha Sammelan in Dahod, Gujarat
PM Narendra Modi attended the Adijati Maha Sammelan in Dahod where he inaugurated and laid the foundation stone of various development projects worth around Rs 22,000 crore. These include the following:
i.Inauguration of Dahod District Southern Area Regional Water Supply Scheme, constructed on Narmada River Basin, worth around Rs 840 crore.
- It will cater to the water supply needs of around 280 villages in Dahod District and Devgadh Baria city.
ii.Inauguration of five projects of Dahod Smart City worth around Rs 335 crore. These projects include Integrated Command & Control Centre (ICCC) Building, Storm water drainage system, Sewerage works, Solid Waste Management System and Rain Water Harvesting System.
iii.Inauguration of 66 KV Ghodia substation, Panchayat Houses, Anganwadis.
iv.Under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, benefits worth Rs 120 crore were provided to 10,000 tribal of Panchmahal and Dahod districts.
v.PM dedicated to the nation a new dairy complex and potato processing plant at Diyodar, Banaskantha district, built at a cost of over Rs 600 crores.
vi.PM also laid the foundation stone of various projects of the State government worth around Rs 550 crore.
vii.There was also inauguration and laid the foundation stone of various Banas Dairy
PM lays foundation of manufacturing unit for 9,000 HP electric locomotives in Gujarat’s Dahod
He also laid the foundation stone for manufacturing of 9000 HP (Horsepower) Electric Locomotives at the Production Unit in Dahod. The cost of the project is around Rs 20,000 crore.
- Under this, Dahod workshop, established in 1926 for periodic overhaul of steam locomotives, will be upgraded to electric locomotive manufacturing unit with infrastructural improvements.
- It will provide direct and indirect employment to over 10,000 people.
PM visited Command and Control Centre for School in Gandhinagar
PM Narendra Modi visited Command and Control Centre for School in Gandhinagar, Gujarat. There he also examined the exhibition at Vidya Samiksha Kendra
- The Command and Control Centre for Schools in Gandhinagar collects over 500 crore data sets annually and analyzes them meaningfully using big data analytics, artificial intelligence and machine learning, in order to enhance overall learning outcomes for students.
- The Centre helps track daily online attendance of teachers and students, undertake centralized summative and periodic assessments of learning outcome of students etc.
Recent Related News:
i.On March 6, 2022, PM Narendra Modi visited Pune, Maharashtra for the
inauguration of the developmental projects including the grand statue of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj at Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC).
ii.Narendra Modi visited the International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) in Patancheru, Hyderabad and kickstarted the 50th Anniversary celebrations of ICRISAT.
Chief Minister– Bhupendrabhai Patel
Stadium– Bilakhia Stadium, CB Patel International Cricket Stadium, Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay Stadium
Dance– Tippani, Hudo, Padhar