Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited Telangana on the 1st and 3rd of October 2023.
- On 1st October 2023, he laid the foundation stone and dedicated to the nation multiple developmental projects worth more than Rs 13,500 crore in Mahbubnagar, Telangana.
- On 3rd October 2023, he laid the foundation stone and dedicated various development projects worth Rs 8000 crores in Nizamabad, Telangana.
PM’s visit to Mahbubnagar, Telangana on 1st October 2023:
The development projects inaugurated during his visit to Telangana on 1st October 2023 include crucial sectors like road, rail, petroleum and natural gas, and higher education.
Laid foundation stone for road projects related to Nagpur – Vijayawada Economic Corridor:
i.PM Modi laid the foundation stone for the key road projects which are a part of the Nagpur – Vijayawada Economic Corridor. these projects will be developed at a cost of around Rs 6400 crores.
ii.The projects includes:
- 108 km long ‘four-lane access-controlled Greenfield highway from Warangal to Khammam section of NH-163G.’
- 90 km long ‘four-lane access-controlled greenfield highway from Khammam to Vijayawada section of NH-163G.’
iii.The projects will reduce travel distance between Warangal and Khammam by about 14 km; and between Khammam and Vijayawada by about 27 km.
About Nagpur – Vijayawada Economic Corridor:
i.The Nagpur – Vijayawada Economic Corridor is anticipated to enhance transportation and business prospects in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, and Maharashtra.
ii.This economic corridor is set to create numerous opportunities for the youth of districts such as Hanamkonda, Mahabubabad, Warangal, and Khammam by promoting trade, tourism, and industry.
iii.Key economic hubs identified within this corridor, include 8 Special Economic Zones, 5 Mega food parks, 4 fishing seafood clusters, 3 pharma and medical clusters, and 1 textiles cluster.
Dedicated road project related to Hyderabad – Visakhapatnam Corridor developed under Bharatmala Pariyojana.
PM Modi also dedicated a road project – ‘four laning of 59 km long Suryapet to Khammam section of NH-365BB.’ built at a cost of approximately Rs 2,460 crore. The project is developed under the Bharatmala Pariyojana.
- This provides better connectivity to Khammam district and coastal regions of Andhra Pradesh.
Points to note:
i.Many key economic corridors of the country are passing through Telangana. All these will become a medium to connect the state with the East and West Coast
ii.The Suryapet-Khammam section of the Hyderabad Visakhapatnam corridor will help in reaching the East Coast. this will also support the reduction of logistics costs of industries and businesses.
About Bharatmala Pariyojana:
Bharatmala Pariyojana is a new umbrella program for the highways sector envisaged by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways that focuses on optimizing the efficiency of freight and passenger movement across the country.
- Under Phase-I of Bharatmala Pariyojana, the implementation of 34,800 km of national highways in 5 years (from 2017 to 2022) was approved at an estimated outlay of Rs. 5,35,000 crore.
Laid Foundation Stone & Dedicated Major Oil & Gas Pipeline Projects:
During the event PM Modi laid the foundation stone and dedicated important oil and gas pipeline projects.
i.He dedicated the ‘Hassan-Cherlapalli LPG Pipeline Project’, connecting Hassan in Karnataka to Cherlapalli (a suburb of Hyderabad), was developed at a cost of about Rs 2170 crore.
- This Liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) pipeline will provides a safe, cost-efficient, and eco-friendly mode of LPG transportation and distribution in the region.
ii.He also laid the foundation stone for “Multiproduct Petroleum Pipeline” of Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL), from Krishnapatnam to Hyderabad (Malkapur).
- The 425-kilometer pipeline will be built at a cost of Rs 1940 crore.
- This will provide a safe, faster, efficient and environmentally friendly mode of petroleum products in the region.
- This will also create thousands of direct and indirect jobs in Telangana.
iii.PM mentioned about an increase in the number of LPG cylinders from 14 crores in 2014 to 32 crores in 2023
i.PM Modi Inaugurated the ‘37 Kms of Jaklair – Krishna New Railway Line’, built at a cost of more than Rs 500 crore.
- The new rail line section brings areas of the backward district of Narayanpet for the first time onto the Railway Map.
ii.He virtually flagged off the inaugural Hyderabad (Kacheguda) – Raichur – Hyderabad (Kacheguda) train service from Krishna station.
- The train service will connect Hyderabad, Rangareddy, Mahabubnagar, and Narayanpet districts in Telangana with Raichur district in Karnataka.
- The service will provide first-time rail connectivity to several new areas in the backward districts of Mahabubnagar and Narayanpet, benefiting students, daily commuters, labourers, and the local handloom industry in the region.
Formation of National Turmeric Board:
He also announced the formation of the National Turmeric Board by the Government of India to benefit turmeric farmers.
ii.The board will focus on value addition to the supply chain and infrastructure improvement.
i.PM also inaugurated five new buildings of the University of Hyderabad. the 5 buildings include,
- School of Economics
- School of Mathematics & Statistics
- School of Management Studies
- Lecture Hall Complex – III
- Sarojini Naidu School of Arts & Communication (Annexe).
Note: The Government of India(GoI) has given Hyderabad University the status of ‘Institution of Eminence’ and provided special funding.
ii.PM announced that the GoI is going to establish a Central Tribal University in Mulugu district, Telangana.
- The University will be named “Sammakka-Sarakka Central Tribal University” after revered tribal goddesses Sammakka-Sarakka.
- Around Rs 900 crore will be spent on this university.
PM’s visit to Nizamabad, Telangana on 3rd October 2023:
The development projects inaugurated during his visit to Nizamabad on 3rd October 2023 include crucial sectors power, rail and health.
Dedication of Telangana Super Thermal Power Project:
PM dedicated the first 800 MW Unit of Phase I of the Telangana Super Thermal Power Project in Peddapalli district.
- He also announced that the upcoming second unit will raise the plant’s capacity to 4,000 MW.
- PM laid the foundation stone of this project in 2016.
Dedicated Rail Infrastructure Projects:
He also dedicated the new Railway Line connecting Manoharabad and Siddipet; and the electrification project between Dharmabad – Manoharabad and Mahabubnagar – Kurnool.
- PM also flagged off the Siddipet – Secunderabad – Siddipet train service, benefiting the local rail commuters in the region.
- The 76 km long Manoharabad-Siddipet rail line will boost the socio-economic development of the region, especially in the districts of Medak and Siddipet.
- The foundation of this project was laid in 2016.
India Railways is moving with a target of 100 percent electrification of all the railway lines
Laid Foundation Stone Laying for Critical Care Blocks (CCBs):
PM Modi laid the foundation stone for 20 Critical Care Blocks (CCBs) under the Pradhan Mantri – Ayushman Bharat Health Infrastructure Mission(PM-ABHIM).
- These CCBs will be built in the districts Adilabad, Bhadradri Kothagudem, Jayashankar Bhupalpally, Jogulamba Gadwal, Hyderabad, Khammam, Kumuram Bheem Asifabad, Mancherial, Mahabubnagar (Badepally), Mulugu, Nagarkurnool, Nalgonda, Narayanpet, Nirmal, Rajanna Sircilla, RangaReddy (Maheshwaram), Suryapet, Peddapalli, Vikarabad and Warangal (Narsampet).
- These CCBs will augment district-level critical care infrastructure across Telangana benefiting the people of the state.
- the blocks will have complete arrangements for Dedicated Isolation wards, Oxygen Supply and Infection Prevention and Control.
Ayushman Bharat, the world’s largest health insurance scheme, is being implemented in India.
- In Telangana, more than 70 lakh people got a guarantee of free treatment of up to Rs 5 lakh.
PM Modi also announced that 50 large PSA(Pressure Awing Adsorption) Oxygen plants will be established during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Chief Minister– K. Chandrashekar Rao
Governor– Tamilisai Soundararajan
National Parks– Kasu Brahmananda Reddy National Park; Mahaveer Harina Vanasthali National Park; Mrugavani National Park