On 2nd October 2023, Prime Minister (PM) of India Narendra Modi visited Madhya Pradesh(MP) and Rajasthan.
- In Chittorgarh, Rajasthan, He laid the foundation stone and dedicated various development projects worth about Rs 7000 crore.
- In Gwalior, MP, He laid the foundation stone and dedicated multiple development initiatives worth around Rs 19,260 crores.
Highlights of PM’s visit to MP:
PM dedicated and initiated several key projects with a combined value of approximately Rs 19,260 crores. These initiatives include
- Inauguration of the Delhi-Vadodara Expressway.
- Grih Pravesh of more than 2.2 lakh houses constructed under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) program.
- Laid foundation for Jal Jeevan Mission ventures.
- Laid foundation for 9 health centres under the Ayushman Bharat Health Infrastructure Mission.
- Dedicated the academic building at Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT) Indore, and laid the foundation for a hostel and other buildings on campus.
- Laid the foundation stone for a Multi-Modal Logistics Park in Indore.
Key People: Chief Minister(CM) of Madhya Pradesh(MP), Shivraj Singh Chauhan; Union Ministers Narendra Singh Tomar, Dr Virendra Kumar and Jyotiraditya Scindia, Members of Parliament(MP) and Ministers from the Government of MP were present on the occasion among others.
Dedicates Delhi-Vadodara Expressway
i.The Prime Minister dedicated the Delhi-Vadodara Expressway, developed at a cost of approximately Rs. 11,895 crores. This expressway, which traverses Sohna, Dausa, Lalsot Sawai Madhopur, Kota, Ratlam Dahod, and Godhra significantly reduces the travel time between Delhi and Vadodara from the previous 18-20 hours to just 10 hours.
- The traditional routes covered over 1,000 kilometers, but this new expressway shortens the distance to 845 kilometers, greatly enhancing efficiency and convenience for commuters.
- Presently, there are two main routes from Delhi to Vadodara – one via Jaipur, Bhilwara, and Udaipur, and the other via Laxmangarh, Lalsot, and Kota. The Jaipur-Udaipur route is slightly shorter, taking around 17 hours.
ii.The Delhi-Vadodara section of the expressway passes through Rajasthan (373 km), Madhya Pradesh (244 km), and Haryana (79 km). Notably, the Sohna-Dausa segment of the Delhi-Mumbai expressway is already operational.
iii.The Delhi-Vadodara Expressway is an access-controlled 8-lane expressway where vehicles can travel at speeds of up to 120 kmph, ensuring smooth traffic flow.
iv.This expressway also improves connectivity to several other major cities such as Jaipur, Kota, Chittorgarh, Indore, Ujjain, Bhopal, and Ahmedabad.
PM Initiates Grih Pravesh for 2.2 Lakh PMAY – Gramin Houses and Dedicates PMAY – Urban Homes
Grih Pravesh of over 2.2 lakh houses built under PMAY – Gramin were initiated by the Prime Minister. He also dedicate houses constructed under PMAY – Urban at a cost of around Rs 140 crores.
- This is in line with PM’s efforts to ensure that everyone has a house of one’s own.
Lays foundation stone of Jal Jeevan Mission projects
PM Modi laid the foundation stone for the Jal Jeevan Mission projects worth over Rs 1530 crores in Gwalior and Sheopur districts of MP.
- This aims to provide safe and adequate drinking water to the people, one of the key focus areas of the government.
- These projects will together benefit over 720 villages of the region.
Lays foundation stone of 9 health centers under Ayushman Bharat Health Infrastructure Mission
PM Modi laid the foundation stone for 9 new health centers under Ayushman Bharat Health Infrastructure Mission. This aims boost the health infrastructure in MP.
- These centres will be developed at a cost of over Rs. 150 crores.
PM Modi Inaugurates Atal Bihari Training Center – India’s 1st High-Tech Training Center for Divyangjan Sports
On 2nd October 2023, the birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi, PM Modi inaugurated the India’s 1st state-of-the-art sports training facility for individuals with disabilities, known as the Atal Bihari Training Center for Divyang Sports, in Gwalior, MP
- This centre is named in honour of the former Prime Minister, Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
- Aim: To provide equal opportunities in sports, enhance talent, and encourage participation in various sports disciplines.
Key People: Dr. Virendra Kumar, the Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment, was also in attendance at the inauguration ceremony.
Highlights of PM’s visit to Rajasthan:
PM lays foundation stone and dedicates to nation various development projects worth about Rs 7,000 crore in Chittorgarh, Rajasthan. The dedicated development projects includes,
i.Mehsana – Bhatinda – Gurdaspur Gas Pipeline:
- Built at a cost of about Rs. 4,500 crores.
ii.Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) Plant of Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) at Abu Road:
- Capacity: Bottle and distribute 86 lakh cylinders per annum.
- This will also result in net reduction in running of trucks carrying cylinders per annum by around 0.75 million Km, reducing about 0.5 million tons of Carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions per annum.
iii.Additional Storage at Ajmer Bottling Plant, Indian Oil Corporation Ltd(IOCL);
iv.4-Lane Road on NH-12 (New NH-52) on the Darah-Jhalawar-Teendhar Section:
- The road was constructed at a cost of more than Rs. 1,480 crores.
- This will ease the transportation of mined produce from Kota and Jhalawar districts.
v.PM laid the foundation stone for the construction and widening of the Railway Over Bridge (ROB) from 2 lane to 4 lande in Sawai Madhopur:
vi.PM Modi also dedicated the following Railway Projects: Doubling of Chittorgarh – Neemuch Railway line, and Kota – Chittorgarh Electrified Railway line.
- These projects were completed at a cost of more than Rs. 650 crores.
- This will strengthen rail infrastructure in the region and boost the tourism to historic sites in Rajasthan.
vii.PM also dedicated tourism facilities at Nathdwara under the Swadesh Darshan Scheme.
- A modern ‘tourist interpretation and cultural center’ was developed at Nathdwara to empower the tourists to experience various facets of the life of Shrinathji.
viii.He also dedicated the permanent campus of Indian Institute of Information Technology(IIIT), Kota
Highlights of PM’s Address in Rajasthan:
i.PM modi highlighted that So far, the government has sent Rs 28 thousand to the accounts of every small farmer in India through PM Kisan Samman Nidhi.
- In India, there are around 2.5 crore small farmers who grows coarse grains.
ii.He also highlighted that Vishwakarma Yojana benefits Kumhar, Lohar, Suthar, sunar, malakar, darji, dhobi and cobblers and barbers.
- The government will cover the costs for their training and also hand out Rs 15,000 for modern equipment.
iii.He also noted that India became the 5th largest economy from 10th place in just 9 years.
About Madhya Pradesh (MP):
Chief Minister– Shivraj Singh Chouhan
Governor– Mangubhai C. Patel
Wildlife Sanctuary– Ralamandal Wildlife Sanctuary; Ratapani Wildlife Sanctuary
Tiger Reserve– Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve; Kanha Tiger Reserve
Chief Minister– Ashok Gehlot
Governor– Kalraj Mishra
Wildlife Sanctuary– Sorsan Wildlife Sanctuary; Van Vihar Sanctuary
Airport– Jodhpur Airport; Jaisalmer Airport