The Indian men’s cricket team played T20I (twenty twenty International) against West Indies from December 6-11, 2019. The T20I was part of the West Indies tour of India, 2019 that consists of 3 ODIs (One Day Internationals) and 3 T20Is. The 3 T20I matches were held in Maharashtra, Telangana & Kerala. The Indian team defeated West Indies to win the T20I series for 2-1. The highlights of the game are as follows:Virat Kohli becomes leading run scorer in T20I:
Indian cricketer Virat Kohli surpassed India’s Rohit Sharma to become leading run scorer in the T20I. Kohli has made 2,563 runs in 69 innings while Rohit has scored 2,562 runs in 95 innings. He achieved the feat during second T20I of the three-match series.
Virat Kohli becomes 1st Indian batsman to score 1,000 T20I runs in home ground:
Virat also became the 1st Indian batsman to score 1000 T20I runs in home ground (match played in the native country). He achieved the feat during the final T20I of the three match series.
- Apart from Virat, New Zealand’s Martin Guptill and Colin Munro are the other two cricketers who have scored more than 1,000 runs on their home soil in T20I.
Rohit Sharma became the fastest batsman to 400 international sixes:
Indian cricketer Rohit Sharma became the first Indian batsman to smash 400 sixes in international cricket. He achieved during final T20I of the three-match series in Mumbai.
- Rohit also holds the record for the most number of sixes in international cricket in 2019.
- Only Shahid Afridi (Pakistan) and Chris Gayle (West Indies) have hit more sixes than Rohit in international cricket.
K L Rahul completes 1,000 T20I runs, becomes joint third-fastest to do so:
Indian opener KL Rahul on Friday completed his 1,000 runs in the T20I and became the joint third-fastest cricketer as well as 7th Indian to achieve this feat. He reached this milestone in just 29 innings.
- Rahul stands third in the list along with Australian cricketer Aaron Finch.
- Pakistani cricketer Babar Azam is on the top of the list to have achieved this feat in 26 innings followed by Virat (27 innings).
West Indies’ Kieron Pollard completed 1,000 runs in the T20I:
- Kieron Pollard from West Indies became the 4th Windies(West Indies) batsman to complete 1000 runs in the T20I.
i.The 3 match ODI series between men’s cricket team of India and West Indies is scheduled to be held from December 15-22, 2019.
About match venues:
Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium- Hyderabad, Telangana.
Greenfield International Stadium- Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
Wankhede Stadium- Mumbai, Maharashtra.