The 63rd edition of the National Shooting Championship Competitions (NSCC) in shotgun events organised by the National Rifle Association of India(NRAI) was held at Dr. Karni Singh Shooting Ranges in New Delhi from November 16-30, 2019. The highlights of the championship are as follows,Angad Bajwa & Mairaj unofficially hit world record score in skeet final:
Angad Bajwa: Indian shooter Angad Vir Singh Bajwa unofficially hit a world record score in the men’s skeet final at the 63rd National Shooting Championships. Ankit made clean score of 60, winning gold medal and defeated his senior and fellow Tokyo 2020 Olympic quota winner Mairaj Ahmad Khan of Uttar Pradesh(UP) who scored 58 and won the silver medal.
- With this, he also equalled the record jointly with skeet legend Vincent Hancock(America).
Mairaj Ahmad Khan: Mairaj Ahmad Khan also created an unofficial world record making a perfect score of 125. However, both Angad and Mairaj were credited with National records.
Saniya Sheikh won third national title in Women’s skeet:
In the women’s skeet individual event, Saniya Sheikh of Uttar Pradesh won her third national title by defeating uttar Pradeh’s Areeba Khan who won the silver medal. Saniya won the gold medal.
Sangram Dahiya, Varsha Varman win double trap national titles:
Haryana’s Sangram Dahiya and Madhya Pradesh’s Varsha Varman won double trap titles in the men and women category respectively, winning gold at the 63rd National Shotgun Shooting Championship.
- Ankur Mittal won silver medal after being defeated by Sangram in the double trap event. The bronze medal was won by Punjab’s Prithvi Singh Chahal in the men’s category.
- In the women’s category, Manisha Keer won silver medal in the double trap event while the bronze medal was won by Mahima Vishwakarma.
- Both Sangram and Varsha also won the team gold for their respective States.
Trap men and women
Bihar’s Shreyashi Singh and Punjab’s Manavjit Singh Sandhu won gold medal in Trap Men and Women event.
- The silver medal in the men’s category of the trap event was won by Vishadev Singh Sidhu while in women’s category it was won by Rajeshwari Kumari from Punjab.
Trap Mixed event:
Rajasthan’s Manavaditya Singh Rathore and Anushka Singh Bhati won a gold medal in the trap mixed event after defeating Manisha Keer and Priyanshu Pandey who won the silver medal.
About National Rifle Association of India(NRAI):
President- Raninder Singh.