HDFC Bank, India’s second-largest private lender is ready to disburse loans in nano seconds. The new initiative is part of the bank’s strategy to transform itself into a digital bank.The bank’s customers alone can avail of these loans, to be offered as a top-up on existing car or two-wheeler loans.
- These top-up on auto loans will be available only if a customer has paid equated monthly instalments on existing loan without a single default.
The nano-second loan will be quick money for the customer and will serve as alternative to personal loans.
- If customers have a car financed by HDFC bank they get an offer that will flash on your cell phone.
- They could log in via internet banking or mobile banking.
- It is a pre-populated application form so they only have to click on “yes” at about five places and the loan will be disbursed in nano seconds.
CURRENT INTEREST RATES
|Interest on car loans||11.5 – 13.7 %|
|Interest on personal loans||11.5 – 20.51 %|
|Interest on two-wheeler loans||11.75 – 24.08 %|
- As of March-end this year, the bank’s overall retail advances stood at Rs 2,25,694 crore, which increased to Rs 2,38,859 crore at the end of June. For the June quarter, auto loans accounted for the largest share, at Rs 50,100 crore.
- In FY15, about 63% of the total transactions were carried out on internet and mobile compared to 55% transaction via the digital medium in FY14.
KEYS ABOUT HDFC BANK
Founded: August 1994, India
Founder: Hasmukhbhai Parekh
Tagline: We understand your world
CEO: Aditya Puri
HDFC also launched applications for disbursing personal loans under 10 seconds and auto loans within 30 minutes, through biometrics devices.