HDFC Bank announced the launch of Chillr, a mobile app which allows users to instantly transfer money to any contact in their phone book. Chillr is a first of its kind application that is linked directly to the customer’s bank account, so there is no need to worry about filling up a prepaid wallet
Points to Remember:
- HDFC has partnered with MobME, a Kochi based technology firm to launch this app.
- The launch was announced on 18th March 2015.
- The Bank will charge Rs 3.50 along with service tax for each transaction.
- A user could transfer a maximum amount of Rs 5,000 and could do 10 transactions per day.
- The app is widely accessible as it works on Android and iOS operating systems and will soon be launched for Windows phones as well, they added.
- It can be accessed only with M-PIN known to the customer alone.
- Chillr allows users to send money in three simple steps:-
- choose the recipient from list of Chillr contacts.
- enter the amount to be transferred.
- a message to recipient, enter secret M-PIN & press PAY.