On February 28, 2020 ,Haryana Chief Minister (CM) Manohar Lal Khattar ,who also holds the charge of the state Finance Ministry,has presented a budget of Rs 1,42,343 crore in the state assembly for 2020-21 for the 1st time.Key Highlights:
i.The Haryana state’s debt will increase from Rs 1.76 lakh crore in the current financial year-FY (2019-20) to Rs 1.98 lakh crore in 2020-21. The expenditure would increase by 7.7 % to Rs 1,42,343 crore. While, the Revenue receipts are estimated to increase by 15.96 % to Rs 89,964 crore in 2020-21.
ii.Allocation: The state government has provided Rs 5,474.25 crore for agriculture, Rs 19,343 crore for education and sports and culture, Rs 6,533 crore for health and medical education, Rs 6,294 crore for rural development and panchayat, Rs 349 crore for industry and for pension 9,000 crore has been allocated.
iii.Under special category ‘Agriculture Dependent Activities’ ,the farmers have been given relief in electricity rates as they will be given Rs 4.75 instead of Rs 7.50 per unit.
iv.Allocation of Rs 50 crore for free coaching to soldiers and their dependents, quality education and fellowship scheme for those doing M Phil and PhD , free coaching for 5,000 EWS students, increment of daily diet allowance to sports person from Rs 150 to Rs 200, launching Atal Bhujal Yojana in 36 water-scarcity blocks for water conservation
v.Affordable housing for all by 2022, drinking water connection to all households by 2022 with a total outlay of Rs 1,926.45 crore, setting up old-age homes,setting up 3 new medical colleges at Yamunanagar, Kaithal and Sirsa districts.
vi.Some of the new initiatives announced in budget are:
- 28% increase in state’s budget for education sector.
- All colleges in Haryana will be under CCTV coverage.
- Driving licences will be issued to students in their first year of degree course.
- Digital libraries to be opened in rural areas of the state.
- Khattar announces that board examination for class VIII students will be re-started. ROs will be installed in all government schools of Haryana.
- Haryana govt will open 116 new model schools.
- Govt also plans open English-medium schools in rural areas.
- Government to open 550 new creches.
- Govt announces Rs 50 crore annual grant for Haryana Gau Sewa Ayog.
- Haryana govt to provide sex-sorted semen to ensure female calves on subsidised rates.
Governor– Satyadev Narayan Arya
State Flower– Lotus
State Tree– Peepul
Folk dances– Jhumar, Phag, Daph, Dhamal, Loor, Gugga, Khor, Gagor.