Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister of Health & Family Welfare Virtually Inaugurated the 5th National Kayakalp Awards for the year 2019-20 along with Ashwini Kumar Choubey, Minister of State for Health & Family Welfare.
- District Hospital Reasi of Jammu and Kashmir was awarded the First Prize of INR 50 Lakhs under Kayakalp Scheme.
- JIPMER (Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research), Pondicherry was awarded the second under the Kayakalp award for Category Group ‘A’ Central Government health facilities, hospitals with more than 1, 000 beds.
- All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Bhubaneswar was also adjudged as the best Central Government hospital under B category.
- Bhubaneswar AIIMS Receives Kayakalp Award For Third Time.
- Angul District headquarters Hospital (DHH) of Odisha received Kayakalp award under Hospital Category.
- Sub Divisional Hospital (SDH) Rairangpur of Mayurbhanj district was felicitated as Winner Hospital in SDH/Community Health Center (CHC) category for the year 2019-20.
i.Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoHFW) launched the National Initiative ‘Kayakalp’ under Swachh Bharat Mission in 2015 to ensure Hygiene, Sanitation & Cleanliness in Public Health Facilities in India.
- District Hospitals, Sub-divisional hospitals, Community Health Centres, Primary health Centres and Health & Wellness Centres in the public healthcare system which achieved high levels of hygiene & sanitation are felicitated with awards.
- The number of Kayakalp facilities has increased to 7, 615 in 2019-20.
- Around 26, 172 public health facilities participated in the Kayakalp Challenge in 2019-20.
- The initiative was recognized in the Global Baseline Report 2019 published by Joint Monitoring Programme for Water Supply and Sanitation by the World Health Organization (WHO), United Nations Childrens’ Fund (UNICEF).
ii.MoHFW has collaborated with the Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation & launched Swachh SwasthSarvatra (SSS) program.
- Under the program, One Community Health Centre (CHCs) situated within the Open Defecation Free (ODF) block will receive a one-time grant of INR 10 lakhs under National Health Mission (NHM).
- The fund can be used for undertaking improvement activities to upgrade CHC into Kayakalp CHC.
Recent Related News:
i.On 24th June 2020, 6 Districts hospitals(DH) of the union territory of Jammu & Kashmir won the Kayakalp Award for their achievements in the health sector and secured positions in the best hospital category 2019-2020.
ii.August 12, 2020, Gajendra Singh Shekhawat, Union Minister for Jal Shakti launched the Swachh Bharat Mission(SBM) Academy.