On March 30, 2021, Union Minister for Science & Technology, Dr Harsh Vardhan virtually inaugurated the Alignment and Awareness Event for Publicity of DSIR-PRISM Scheme (Department of Scientific and Industrial Research-Promoting Innovations in Individuals, Startups and MSMEs) held at IIT Delhi.
- The event was organized by DSIR, Ministry of Science and Technology in partnership with 3 major National Initiatives namely Unnat Bharat Abhiyan (UBA), Ministry of Education; RuTAG, IIT Delhi; and Smart India Hackathon (SIH), Ministry of Education.
- Guest of Honour at the event – Sanjay Dhotre, Union Minister of State for Education, Communications, Electronics and Information Technology.
Alignment of PRISM with other Schemes
- The alignment of DSIR-PRISM with UBA, RuTAG, and SIH is aimed at creating a platform for technology innovation.
- It will help in fostering inclusive innovations, generating rural livelihoods, and increasing socio-economic benefits.
- PRISM is an initiative of the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR).
- Under the Scheme, An Innovator of Indian nationality (student, professional and common citizen) is provided technical, strategic, and financial assistance by DSIR-PRISM for developing ideas, prototypes, pilot scaling, and patenting.
- It is aimed at transforming an individual innovator into a successful technopreneur by promoting, supporting, and funding implementable and commercially viable innovations which are created for society.
- The Intellectual Property (IP) rights will belong to the innovators.
Areas of Implementation
Core Technology areas like Affordable healthcare, Water, Sewage Management, Green Technology, Clean Energy, Industrially Utilizable Smart Materials, Waste to Wealth.
- Grant will be provided in 2 Phases (Phase-I & Phase-II) catering to both the initial innovation stage and advanced enterprise setup phase.
- Phase-I (INR 2 Lakhs – INR 20 Lakhs) & Phase-II (Maximum of INR 50 Lakhs).
Recent Related News:
i.On 19th August 2020, NRDC (under DSIR) and CSIR-NAL partnered to establish an innovation cum incubation centre to promote the startup in the field of aerospace technologies.
ii.February 15, 2021, The second phase of the VigyanJyotiprogramme has commenced on the occasion of International Day of Women and Girls in Science on February 11, 2021.
About Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR):
It is a Department under the Ministry of Science and Technology
Secretary – DrShekhar C Mande
Headquarters – New Delhi