Union Minister for Health & Family Welfare, Dr Harsh Vardhan virtually addressed the 7th Annual Summit of ‘NATHEALTH’ organized by NATHEALTH – Healthcare Federation of India which was held between March 25-26, 2021 in a virtual format.
- Theme of 2021 Annual Summit – ‘Indian Health System Expansion in Post-COVID Era’.
- Objective -To discussions for realizing the potential of Indian healthcare sector to attract investments for building a modern 21st Century Universal Healthcare delivery mode.
Key points from the Address
- Health sector was identified in Budget 2021-22 as one of the 6 main pillars to drive growth.
- It was allocated INR 2, 23, 846 Crore in the 2021-22 Budget, an increase of 137% over the previous year.
- Government is taking steps to increase health expenditure as a percentage of GDP to 2.5% by 2025.
- The Central Government is also urging State Governments to increase State Sector health spending to more than 8% of State’s GDP.
- He Highlighted Central Government’s ‘Pradhan Mantri Aatma Nirbhar Swaasthya Yojana’. It aims to strengthen the healthcare system to meet challenges of current and future pandemics.
Recent Related News:
i.December 10, 2020, MoHFW has developed ‘Co-WIN’ – A Digital Platform & Mobile Application for real-time monitoring of COVID-19 vaccine delivery and recording data.
About Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoHFW):
Union Minister– Harsh Vardhan (Constituency- Chandni Chowk,New Delhi)
Minister of State (MoS)– Ashwini Kumar Choubey (Lok Sabha MP, Constituency – Buxar, Bihar)
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification