The Tithal beach in Valsad district of Gujarat have India’s first disable friendly beach in the country. This project will provide proper infrastructure in public places to the disable people.Government will provide Rs.5 crore in the first phase.
Key Highlights about the Project
- This is the first disabled-friendly beach in India.
- It aims to provide better facilities to the disable peoples at the public places like hospitals, parks, movie theatres
- The facilities will be designed in such a way that disabled people can access them without any assistance.
- Greece is one more impressive example of disabled-friendly infrastructure.
- In the first phase of the project 1 km beach stretch will have disabled-friendly food courts, washrooms and entertainment area.
- It probably facility to the disabled to access the water directly it will be the first-of-its-kind beach in India.
- This stretch is expected to be opened by June.
- In the second phase, a 2-km-long stretch will be made disabled-friendly.
- It will develop facilities like ramps, railings, low-height food counters, detailed sign boards for disable people.
- Here everything from washrooms to food court will be accessible for the people who use wheelchairs.
- The food counters will be at a lower height for the disabled.
- It was the first attempts to explore the problem of isolation for the disabled in public spaces like beaches.
- This project is the India campaign from the Union Government’s Accessible.
Key points :
- Gujarat Capital: Gandhinagar
- Gujarat CM: Anandiben Patel
- Gujarat Governor : Om Prakash Kohli
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification