On March 3, 2021, Gujarat Deputy Chief Minister (CM) Nitin Patel who holds the Finance Portfolio presented the State Budget 2021-22 with a Budget Outlay of INR 2, 27, 029 Crore which is an increase of INR 9, 742 Crore than the budget presented in 2020-21.
- At INR 2.27 Lakh Crore it is Gujarat’s Largest budget so far.
- It was a INR 587.88 Crore Surplus budget.
- The state government has not imposed any increase or offered any relief in Gujarat’s existing tax structure.
- Gujarat’s Public Debt is set to increase to INR 3.78 Trillion by end of FY 2021-22 from INR 2.67 Trillion as on March 31, 2020.
‘Gujarat Budget’ – Mobile app
- In February 2021, Nitin Patel launched ‘Gujarat Budget’ mobile application through all information regarding budget, access to Budget documents will be provided to the lawmakers & general public.
- Revenue Receipts – INR 1, 67, 969 Crore
- Revenue Expenditure – INR 1, 66, 760 Crore for the year 2021-22
- Estimated Fiscal deficit in FY 2020-21 – 3.10% due to High Government spending & lower revenue due to pandemic
- Education – INR 32, 719 crore
- Health and Family Welfare – INR 11, 323 Crore
- Urban Development – INR 13,493 Crore
- Energy and Petrochemicals – INR 13, 034 Crore
- Announcement of the start of 2nd Edition of ‘Van Bandhu Kalyan Yojana’ for the Tribal population with an allocation of INR 1 Lakh Crore over 5 years. It was started by the Former Chief Minister Narendra Modi in 2007.
- INR 1, 500 Crore rupees allocated for Ahmedabad-Mumbai Bullet Train Project
- INR 652 Crore has been allocated for the Statue of Unity area development.
- Announcement of a new scheme ‘MASIHA’ under which houses will be constructed for labourers at concessional rate on Public Private Partnership (PPP) basis.
- Promotion of ‘Whale Shark Tourism’ for providing employment in rural areas.
- INR 7, 232 crores for Krishi Khedut Kalyan Yojana for improving agriculture.
- Gujarat Socio-Economic Analytics Centre to be set up for carrying out review of existing schemes.
- Under Sagar Khedu Sarvangee Vikas Yojna-2, INR 50, 000 Crore has been allocated over the next 5 years for the fishermen.
- Around 2 Lakh youths will be recruited in various government departments in 5 years.
- Provision of INR 97 crore for development of Navi Bandar, Madhvad, Veraval, Porbandar & Sutrapada fishing ports.
- INR 3 crore has been allocated for setting up vaccine stores in 9 districts.
- Special Vaccination Cell to be set up for ensuring smooth COVID-19 inoculation drive.
- INR 13, 493 Crore has been set aside for Urban Development and Urban Housing Department.
- INR 900 Crore has been allocated for building 55, 000 new houses under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban) (PMAY-U). PMAY is a flagship Mission of Government of India being implemented by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA).
- For promoting e-vehicles, the FM has announced a provision of INR 26 Crore for providing a subsidy of INR 48, 000 per e-rickshaw & INR 13 Crore for subsidy of INR 12, 000 per electric two-wheeler.
Textile & Drug Industrial Parks
- The FM also proposed setting up of Two Mega Textile Parks in Gujarat.
- A Bulk Drug Industrial park is also to be set up in Bharuch & a Medical device park in Rajkot district.
- Provision of INR 1106 Crore has been made under the scheme Health and family welfare Mukhyamantri Amrutum (MA) and Ma-Vatsalya Yojana initiated by the Government of India.
- The beneficiaries of this scheme are provided treatment of upto INR 5 lakh free of cost under this scheme.
- To Achieve target of providing a house to all by 2022, INR 1250 crores has been allocated for construction of 1 Lakh New houses under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Gramin) (PMAY-G).
- INR 564 Crore allocated under Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Scheme.
- INR 300 Crore allocated under National Rural Livelihood Mission (NRLM) for women empowerment and economic development.
- INR 124 Crore for Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana (PMKSY) for improving farm productivity and ensuring better utilization of resources in India.
Folk Dances – Garba, Dandiya Raas, Tippani