Union Minister of State for Labour & Employment (Independent Charge), Shri Bandaru Dattatraya launched three new mobile based services for Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) members namely Mobile Application, SMS based UAN Activation and Missed Call service on the eve of the 208th meeting of the Central Board of Trustees (EPF) in Hyderabad.
- The new mobile application can be downloaded from the EPFO website – epfindia.gov.in
- There will be a new SMS based Universal Account Number (UAN) activation service which enables members to activate their accounts by sending an SMS to 7738299899. Once activated, the member becomes eligible to all services envisaged in UAN programme such as credit alerts, passbook etc. This new service is especially helpful to such members who may not have easy access to computers or smart phones.
- EPFO has already in place a Short Code SMS service which has enabled the members in knowing their details along with contribution and PF Balance through an SMS at 7738299899. As an extension to this service, the Missed Call service is intended to further ease the process since only a missed call at 01122901406 (toll-free), would provide him all the envisaged details. As this facility is available only to the UAN activated members, such facility will speed up the UAN activation process by the members.
- The members would be able to activate their UAN accounts from the comfort of their mobile phones and can also access their accounts for viewing their monthly credits through the passbook as well as view their details available with EPFO.
- EPF pensioners have been given the facility to access their pension disbursement details through this mobile app.
- Moreover, the employer can also view their remittance details.
Our Union Government is committed to create an environment which is conducive for creation of jobs at every level. In view of this the Government has taken three big initiatives – Make in India, Skill India and Digital India. However, to make these initiatives to bear fruits it would be necessary to simplify and rationalise labour laws. The Government is taking all initiatives in this direction so that the workers can be assured of job security, wage security and social security while ensuring ease of doing business.
These services will help nearly 3.54 crore contributing members, 49.22 lakh pensioners and 6.1 lakh employers by easing all the process further.