Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare JP Nadda has launched two major Digital initiatives to provide easy access to health services to the public to strengthen the public health systems and providing user-friendly health services. The Services as follows,
- GIS-enabled HMIS application
- The self-printing of e-CGHS card
- The project with the objective of enabling the effective usage of the HMIS application, enhancing analytical capabilities and providing a geographical display of HMIS data using geographical information system.
- At present, 94 lakh health facilities across all States are uploading facility wise data on monthly basis on HMIS web portal.
Health Management Information System:
- The initiative will provide effective healthcare to the rural population across the country. At present, the application is available in login domain of HMIS portal.
- HMIS app services will provide comprehensive data on a GIS platform on 1.6 lakh Government Health facilities spread across the country
- The app also has scope of incorporating map layers of roads and water bodies which will provide comprehensive information regarding health facilities and disease vulnerable areas of the country.
Self-printing of the E-CGHS card:
- Self-printing of the E-CGHS cards that this will provide ease and access to all those beneficiaries such as the pensioners, in cases of renewal, and in the event of loss/misplacement of the card.
- As this can be printed fromby visiting the CGHS portal at any location once the process of application based on authentic documents has been approved.