On June 2, 2022, the Government of India(GoI) has approved new guidelines of Central Sector Scheme (CSS) ‘Promotion of MSMEs in North Eastern Region and Sikkim’ which will be implemented during 15th Finance Commission Cycle (2021-22 to 2025-26).
- The scheme envisages providing financial support for enhancing the productivity and competitiveness as well as capacity building of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) in the North Eastern Region (NER) and Sikkim.
Components of Scheme:
Setting up of new and modernization of existing Mini Technology Centres:
Under this, maximum financial support to state governments for setting up new and modernizing existing Mini Technology Centres has been increased from Rs 10 crore to Rs 13.50 crore as 90% of the project cost. The projects with total project cost more than Rs. 15.00 crore, will also be considered.
- Projects for creation of common facilities to supplement manufacturing, testing, packaging, R&D, product and process innovations and training for natural resources such as fruits, spices, agriculture, forestry, sericulture and bamboo etc. available in NER and Sikkim would be given priority.
Development of new and existing Industrial Estates:
Central Government financial assistance will be provided for the development of new and existing Industrial Estates and Flatted Factory Complexes. The financial assistance of the Government will be 90%.
- The maximum project cost for calculation of assistance will be Rs 15 crore for the development of a new industrial estate, and Rs 10 crore for the development of an existing Industrial Estate.
- The projects with a total project cost of more than Rs 10 crore/Rs15 crore, will also be considered but maximum assistance will be limited to Rs. 9 crore/Rs 13.50 crore.
Development of Tourism Sector:
The projects for creation of common services such as kitchen, bakery, laundry & dry cleaning, refrigeration and cold storage, potable water, display centre for local products, centre for cultural activities etc. in a cluster of home stays will be considered under the scheme.
- The financial assistance of Central Government will be 90% for projects with maximum assistance limited to Rs 4.50 crore.
Recent Related News:
i.The North Eastern state of Nagaland became the first legislative state assembly in India to
implement paperless proceedings under National e-Vidhan Application (NeVA).
ii.The 9th edition of the North East Festival was held in Guwahati, Assam from 7th to 9th January 2022. The 9th edition of the North East Festival was inaugurated by Jagdish Mukhi, Governor of Assam on 7th January 2022.
About Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MoMSME):
Union Minister– Narayan Tatu Rane (Rajya Sabha, Maharashtra)
Minister of State– Bhanu Pratap Singh Verma (Constituency- Jalaun (SC), Uttar Pradesh)