The NDA led Centre appointed three retired civil servants as Information Commissioner of Central Information Commission they are,
- Amitava Bhattacharyya (IAS) -Gujarat -1980.
- Bimal Julka (IAS) -Madhya Pradesh -1979.
- Divya Prakash Sinha (IPS) -Manipur -1979.
The officiates will serve for a term of five years from the date on which they attain the age of 65 Years , whichever is earlier as in the provisions of Right to Information Act 2005.
- There was vacancy of three information commissioners against its total strength of 10, the new appointees will fill the vacancy in CIC.
- The selection panel led by the Prime Minister appointed the commissioners.
Central Information Commission:
- The Central Information Commission set up under the Right to Information Act established in 2005 it is governed by Government of India.
- The Commission shall have 10 information Commissioners and headed by Chief Information Commissioner who are appointed by President of India.
Right to Information Act:
- Having passed eight years of implementation of the RTI Act is itself an important tool in Handling corruption and inefficiency in the government.