The Department of School Education and Literacy of the Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD) has released a Web-based tool called Digital Gender Atlas for Advancing Girls Education. The tool was developed with the support of UNICEF and it was unveiled by Union HRD Minister Smriti Irani in Chattisgarh. The new tool provides geographical representation and time series data on various levels of education related parameters.
The tool helps to visualize the vulnerability status of an area based on composite index of parameters such as
- Rural female literacy
- Percentage of boys and girls with disabilities
As per the statistics, the total enrollment of girls in the primary classes is 48.66% while the percentage in secondary is 47.29%.
Components of the Gender Atlas.
- Composite Gender Ranking.
- Trend Analysis of Gender Indicators.
- Vulnerabilities based on educational indicators in districts with substantial SC/ST and minority population.
- Low sex ratio districts selected under ‘Beti Bachao Beti Padhao’ programme.