On January 19, 2018, Central Government announced names of nine new cities selected under the Smart Cities Mission. Announcement in this regard was made by Minister of State, Housing & Urban Affairs, Hardeep S Puri.
- The nine cities that have been selected have proposed an investment of Rs. 12824 crore.
- Out of Rs.12824 investment that has been proposed, 10639 crore would be in Area Based Development initiatives and Rs. 2185 crore for Pan City initiatives.
- These investments will impact 35.3 lakh persons living in these nine cities.
- Minister of State, Housing & Urban Affairs, Hardeep S Puri has stated that with the selection of nine new cities, total investment proposed under Smart Cities Mission has reached Rs.203979 crore.
List of Nine Cities Selected for Smart Cities Mission:
|Serial Number||City Name||State/Union Territory|
|1||Silvassa||Dadra and Nagar Haveli|
|3||Diu||Daman & Diu|
About Smart Cities Mission:
Smart Cities Mission is an urban renewal and retrofitting program by the Government of India with a mission to develop 100 cities all over the country that are citizen friendly and sustainable.
- This mission was launched onJune 25, 2015 by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Cities are selected on basis of the Smart Cities Challenge, in which cities compete in a countrywide competition to get the benefits from this mission.
- Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, in collaboration with State Governments of respective cities is the implementing body for this mission.
- After four rounds of selection, 99 cities (including 9 cities announced on January 19, 2018) have been selected for Smart Cities Mission so far.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification