On August 8, 2017, National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) and Google India launched Android Skill Development Programme to impart mobile app development training on the Android and Web platform and improve the quality of mobile app development ecosystem in India.
About Android Skill Development programme by NSDC and Google India:
Under the initiative, NSDC would introduce a specific course to create applications for the mobile platform that can be used on smart phones and tablets running on the Android operating system.
- Manish Kumar, MD and CEO of NSDC said, this collaboration aims to accelerate mobile skill training and create opportunities for youth in India.
- Peter Lubbers, Head of Google Developer Training said, by building a world class curriculum and making it easily accessible to millions of students and developers in India, we want to contribute to the Skill India initiative.
- The 100-hour duration course is designed to be delivered by NSDC’s partner agencies, outside the formal education system.
- NSDC and Google India will also work together to focus on up-skilling Android trainers under the programme.
About National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC):
The National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) is a public-private partnership enterprise under the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship.
- It aims to promote skill development by catalyzing creation of large, quality and for-profit vocational institutions.
- NSDC includes 22 Sector Skill Councils and 87 training partners with over 2500 training centres spread across 352 districts in India.
Quick Facts about Google:
- Founded in: 1998
- Headquarters: California, United States
- Current CEO: Sundar Pichai