Government of India has publicized the Indian Intellectual Property (IP) Panorama in New Delhi by offering a single window interface for information and guidance on intellectual property for competitive advantage.
- The portal will strive for an expansion of awareness and to build sensitivity towards IP among stakeholders in the SME sector, Information, Communication Technology & Electronics (ICTE) sector, academia and researchers.
About Indian IP Panorama
It is a customized version of IP Panorama Multimedia toolkit. The toolkit has been adapted on an agreement signed between WIPO and DeitY. Thus it is in accordance with Indian IP laws, standards, challenges and needs of the Indian ICTE sector.
- Access link – The Indian IP Panorama can be accessed here: http://ict-ipr.in/index.php/ip-panorama
- Developers – It has been developed by World Intellectual Property Organization, Korean Intellectual Property Office and Korea Invention Promotion Association.
- Supporters – It has been developed under the aegis of Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY) and Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP), Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) and Indian IP office.
- Modules – Importance of IP for SMEs, Trademark, Industrial design, Invention and Patent and Patent Information.
- India is a member of WIPO and on 13th November 2009, DIPP entered into MoU with WIPO after recognizing that the strategic use of intellectual property could contribute significantly to the national development objectives of India.
- The Indian IP office has been recognised as an International Searching Authority and International Preliminary Examining Authority under the Patent Cooperation Treaty.