Due to decline in the progress of Nutrition, World level leading researchers and Economists in Nutrition fields have initiated thorough researches on Nutrition and reiterate the Governments and Businesspersons to invest in Nutrition to accelerate progress for Nutrition.
Hosted By: The Investing in Nutrition: The Foundation for Development event by World Bank
- 1,000 days is part of a global effort to accelerate the investment in Nutrition and particularly during the woman’s pregnancy and Child’s Second birthday
Malnutrition is basic cause for fatal and nearly half of deaths of children under 5 years of age in every year due to unbalanced diet.
Global Nutrition Report:
- Every $1 of investment in nutrition would produce $16 in benefits
- In order to save an estimated 2.2 million lives, we have to invest an additional $2.2 billion per year in nutrition for next 10 years.
Benefits of Investments:
- Targets by World Health Assembly
- Eradication of Stunted Growth, Wasting, Anemia and increasing breast feeding
- Investment in Nutrition will give the basement for a healthy, productive Life and establishes a strong basement for sustainable global progress.
Every Global Leaders, Governments, Donors and Business to make financial policies and commitments in 2016 including African Development Banks meeting in Lusaka in May 2016.