The Swimming Federation of India and Jharkhand Swimming Association conducted the Glenmark 70th Senior National Aquatic Championship at the Veer Budhu Bhagat Aquatic Stadium, Mega Sports Complex, Hotwar, Ranchi.
About the Championship, :
Glenmark Aquatic Foundation the CSR initiative of Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd have entered into a long-term agreement with the Swimming Federation of India to sponsor national events.
- In addition to supporting the Championships, Glenmark Aquatic Centre runs a high performance aquatic centre in Mumbai and partners the Sports Authority of India at the National swimming academy at the Dr. S.P. Mukherjee Swimming complex at Delhi and has launched the SAI Glenmark Training Development and Management (SGTIDM) programme which is a full-time residential academy for swimmers.
Olympian Sajan Prakash wins gold :
Olympian Sajan Prakash of Railways set a national record in men’s 200m butterfly en route to winning the gold in the event at the 70th Senior National Aquatic Championships in Ranchi.
- Prakash was the first Indian to break the 2 minute barrier in the 200m butterfly, clocked 01:59.35 to win the gold.
- Team mate Supriyo Mondal won the silver in 02:03.42 while Manoj Mitesh, representing Services, won bronze with a time of 02:07.04, according to release.
Aditi Dhumatkar wins gold medal :
Aditi Dhumatkar wins gold medal in the 100m Freestyle Senior Women’s category at the 70th Glenmark Senior National Aquatic Championship.
- Aditi clocked 00:29.14 sec to beat Olympian Shivani Kataria of Haryana, who settled for a silver with a time of 00:59.50 sec and Maharashtra swimmer Rayna Saldhan won the bronze medal after clocking 00:59.91 sec.
- Maharashtra featuring Nimish Muley, Aditi, Avantika Chawan and Viraj Prabhu claimed gold with a time of 1:42.91 sec, while Karnataka (01:44.20 sec) and Gujarat (01:44.33 sec) won silver and bronze respectively.
Final Results :
|Overall championships||Karnataka followed by Maharashtra|
|Men’s championships||Services team|
water polo events