Welcome to Online General Knowledge section in Affairs cloud, which is important for all the competitive exams. We have created Some questions related to World Gk(World Geography) !!!
- ………………. is also known as Namibia
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.South-West Africa
South-West Africa was the name for modern-day Namibia when it was ruled by the German Empire and later South Africa.
- Abyssinia is the old name of which country ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Ethiopia
Abyssinia, an ancient African kingdom, became Ethiopia.
- The original name of Cambodia country is ………………..
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Kampuchea
Kampuchea officially known as Democratic Kampuchea. The area was renamed Cambodia in 1990
- Which country is divided among Poland, Germany and USSR ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Prussia
Prussia no longer exists. After World War II, it was divided among Poland, Germany, and the USSR.
- Which two country united to become one country is known as Tanzania ?
1.Ivory Coast and Ceylon
2.Dacca and Ethiopia
3.Tanganyika and Zanzibar
4.Zaire and Saigon
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Tanganyika and Zanzibar
Tanganyika and Zanzibar, in Africa, united to become one country, Tanzania.
- Which is previously referred to as the Malagasy Republic ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Madagascar
Madagascar is previously referred to as the Malagasy Republic.
- The name Dutch East Indies is related to which country ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Indonesia
In the 19th century, the Dutch East Indies – modern Indonesia – developed into a profitable colonial empire
- Zanzibar merged with Tanganyika, the merged country is known as
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Tanzania
On April 26, 1964, the two nations merged into the United Republic of Tanganyika and Zanzibar. The name was changed to Tanzania
- The previous name of New York City is
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.New Amsterdam
In June 1665, New Amsterdam was reincorporated under English law as New York City, named after the Duke of York (later King James II).
- Botswana is also known as
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Basutoland
Botswana is known as Basutoland. Botswana, a landlocked country in Southern Africa, has a landscape defined by the Kalahari Desert and the Okavango Delta.